Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-9/11 Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's"-9/11 Edition

Friday September 11, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Eight years ago today America was changed. I take pause to remember those lives lost.

It has been another beautiful week here with sunshine and warm temps, upper 70's to low 80's. No sign of rain until next week now. By the time we get some rain it will be sorely needed as we haven't had any in 2 weeks now.

It's Polish fest weekend here in the Dells as the summer gives way to autumn. One more big weekend for the season next week with the Wo Zha Wa celebration. More on that next week. Leaves are changing on maple trees and even some oak and poplar are beginning the change.

I hope to get out to the shop this weekend, but who knows. Don't really have any plans, but we'll see how it all transpires.

Any plans for your neck of the woods? Fun, games, shop time, work? Whatever's on your agenda I hope you make the most of it and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 09-12-2009 at 6:39 AM. Reason: Add Smiley Face
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Waiting to eat breakfast, then get out to stop by both borgs for some pricing, then over to pick up the tile for the guest room. Same tile we used on the room I renovated last fall. It is now discontinued. Marazzi had 20 boxes left. I need 11 for this room. Went ahead and got all 20. I have a half bath and short hallway that can use the rest. Will start on that this afternoon. (I'm taking my last vacation day this physical year before my anniversary date next Wed.)
    Need to mow, but we got a really good rain last evening. Supposed to get more today and tomorrow. LOML wants me to get some Rye and Fescue seed for the back yard while I'm out. And I need to take the weedeater in for repair. I know it is a fuel problem. Rebuilt the carb, but still the same. Driving me nuts.
    So I'll be sore from the tiling at the end of the weekend. I'm sure you'll hear me moan. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

My bathroom project is finally nearing the end. I have a little touchup painting to do and it's finished.

I have a turned cherry spindle table I've had sitting in the shop now for 3 months waiting to be finished.

And there's the shop....boy does it need cleaning!

During the bathroom project, I found a wonderful way to cut Wonderboard...it's accurate..you can cut straight lines....curves....and it's quick. DON'T DO IT IN YOUR SHOP. I have finally found something finer and more invasive than wallboard dust.....CONCRETE DUST! This weekend I will be cleaning my shop.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am leaving Sat. for the Minnesota/Canadian Boundry waters to cannoe and camp for a week. 5 guys we should have a lot of fun. We still haven't figures how to bring in the 5 cases of beer we would like, since we have to carry everything we need for a week on our backs. Anybody have a source for dehydrated Beer?

I just got out of the shop. Finally put together my new (see my big gloat from a a month or so ago) Delta 6" Jointer. Man, that went together smoothly. Put a Powertwist belt on it. Changed it from 110 to 220, changed the plug...smooooooooooooth.

I hope to get back in to work on my miter saw bench.

Getting ready for a guest from out of town...well, out of the country, really, Belgium. A 22 yo vet student (6' 3", 155). My wife and I met her at a dude ranch in CO last fall. Really sweet girl. This is the second time that she is coming to visit us since last fall. If my wife and I had had a child within the first year we met, it would be right about her age (we're both 41). Nicest person in the world...except for my wife, of course .

My dog is in the vet hospital. Hope I can pick him up today!!!!!! If not, it ought to be tomorrow. Can wait to see his wagging tail (it was cropped when he was young, but cropped a bit longer than normal...and well, he wags it in circles, up and down, and sometimes side to side).

Hope all is well for everyone else, too.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Installing a laminate floor in mom's apartment and trim to hopefully finish that project.!!

Working on the other railings (cut to fit) and assembly on our front porch to get that project finished....

Slowing getting things completed!

Then onto my OWN woodworking stuff.....
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY