Thread: Halloween ideas

Halloween ideas

I have been trying to come up with some new halloween ideas and I am coming up blank. I have found a few from older posts here on SMC but wondering if anyone had some fresh ones they would be interested in sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 24-40 watt Corel Draw X4, Vista 64bit, Photograv 3.0

Last year, I made some LED lights which people seem to like. I used red lights for a pile of jack-o-lanterns, white and blue for ghosts. They fit on a windowsill much easier than a pumpkin, there's no fire and they don't rot!

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I'm cutting out skull heads and pumpkin silhouettes for the front yard. These will be part of my singing pumpkin/skull display. I'll put lights behind each and wire them to my new computerized system. I'm working now to sync the music to to the show. A long time consuming task. Note by note. I'll post pics of the lasered skulls when done. The pumpkins may be to big for the laser.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I just finished making some bat earrings tonight. Used orange 1/8 plex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    60 watt universal
    rotory
    enough pro camera gear to sink a small ship

How about a skeleton business card holder, you can always engrave

"We have cut our prices to the Bone"

Every Christmas we give out a free fun design to our LaserBuzz newsletter readers, (next month this will go out) we also share them here. I think if you look in past threads you will find 4 or 5 fun designs. This year we plan to release this design early because of the Halloween application.

Humor sometimes can open doors for you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tom "BUZZ"
    LaserBuzz

Tom, what a great idea. Do have the file to share to vector cut the skeleton business card holder?? It would be great to give to my Chiropractor friends....it would surely get me a couple of free alignments...ha ha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

love the skeleton card holder!!!!!!

I am making a few changes in the final design, will be sending it out to our newsletter customers (Oct.) for feedback on any issues, then I will post it here.

I can think of a few good sayings I could engrave on the base for my chiropractor, he has a sense of humor also

Tom "BUZZ"
    LaserBuzz

Thank you Tom, also I did subscribe to your newsletter. You have some really great software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SR Engraving
    Irving, TX
    Epilog 35W, Corel X3 AND "How about those COWBOYS"...this will be the year???

thanks for the ideas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 24-40 watt Corel Draw X4, Vista 64bit, Photograv 3.0

Edge-Lit Engraving

Daniel,

These work well for Halloween. Place them by the window or on a mantle in the house.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. bases?

I am real newbie here, actually a wannabe..I've got an empty spot in my workshop I'm considering filling with a laser for some hobby/craft work. Not necessarily to make money, I have a day job (well it's swing shift so I guess day/night job) :-)
    Anyway, where do you folks get those lit bases for acrylic? Are they from one of the awards companies?
    Thanks!
    Gerry

Gerry,

Send a private message to the guy above, Jim Good... he's the man!

Welcome to the forum, dee

ps to Jim: congratulations on the baby!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks, Dee!

Thanks, Dee! He's a big boy but a good boy (no pun intended!)! We both got a little more sleep last night so I feel better today!

Gerry, send me an email to jim dot good at a2zengraving dot com.

Off to change a diaper.....

Jim

15. Thanks Dee and Jim...will do!