Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avanti/Diablo/Ridgid blades

1. I've had the ridgid combo blade 50T for a few months now. I like it a lot and will be purchasing it again. In fact, when my miter saw blade is ready for replacement....I would bet money it gets a Ridgid 100T blade.

I run a Ridgid Titanium combo blade on mt BT3K portable saw. I love it, cuts like a champ and gives clean results. I use it for mostly pine poplar and various plywoods.

My Cabinet saw still uses Woodworker and Amana blades though.
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

AFAIK, the Ridgid Titanium line is made by Freud in Italy. The Freud LU83, Freud Diablo D1050, Ridgid R1050C, former Freud Avanti TK906 (no longer made by Freud...I'd avoid the HD "Avanti" blades), and Craftsman Pro 32809 (also appears to be made by Freud) are very similar blades, with the LU83 having thicker carbide. They should all cut pretty comparably.

For an alternative to a comparable bargain, check out the DeWalt Precision Trim DW7150PT or the CMT ITK Plus P10050 (both go on sale in the $35 range):

Last edited by scott spencer; 12-07-2010 at 7:48 AM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I thought the Avanti was made by Studebaker. Man, that was one fine lookin' car in its day.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    No. But they do sell a small line of items exclusively at Home Depot.

Well - it sort of is. Where else can you buy a ridgid battery drill or router or a mitre saw ???

It's my understanding that the entire line of electric, air powered, and battery tools is a ipso facto HomeDepot house brand produced by Emerson's Ridgid division "exclusively at (for) the Home Depot".

Only the old line heavy duty plumbing tools are available at supply shops and retailers that are not affiliated with home depot.

FWIW - Depot has this arrangement with Milwaukee now too for the battery powered line.

I just picked up 2 of the Rigid 50T combo blades and one 90T blade at HD today. They still had a sign up for $29.88ea. They rang up normal price, but i got them for the price on the sign. I got the same price on the 90T, because they had them all on the same hanger with the sign.