Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-Wo-Zha-Wa Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's"-Wo-Zha-Wa Edition

Friday September 18, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

It's that time of year again. The end of summer celebration here in the Dells, Wo-Zha-Wa. The local mechants started this tradition some 40 years ago to reward all the summer workers, most of which back then were college students. Over the years it's grown into the biggest weekend for our small community of 2900 people and the employees now work this weekend.

Weather is supposed to be superb for the festival. Lows in the high 40's and highs in the mid to upper 70's with plenty of sunshine. I'm going to try and get in some golf and generally goof off I think.

What's up in your part of the world? Whatever you've got going on I hope you enjoy your weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 09-18-2009 at 2:56 PM. Reason: Add Smiley Face
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Turning, Turning and more Turning.

I'm getting some pieces ready for an art festival next month so I'll be tending the lathe this weekend.

Sunday night I'll be watching the Cowboys vs Giants in the first regular season game at the new Cowboys Stadium.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Looks to be a busy weekend - bbq/cookout at a friend's house tomorrow, and then a nephew's First Communion Sunday. I hope to get a little time in completing a "honey do" project, and then possible clean up and organize my shop after a summer of neglect (seems to be an end-of-summer ritual for me).
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Working in the woods out back

doors and drawers. Got a friend coming over to help me out tomorrow, so hopefully we can get a bunch knocked out.

Blog Entries
    Hope to knock out a couple picture frames and finish off a few other small items that have been neglected.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Horse show this weekend....and some grass mowing long over due. I do want to get started on a drawer unit to go under our tack trunk for some additional storage...with four of us riding, we have a lot of "stuff". Errr...Elvis has a lot of stuff.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Walk fast and look worried.