Thread: Day six

Day six

Its day six with no cancer sticks!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Jim, thats outstanding....I need to do the same thing but I just have to get my head in the game, if you know what I mean
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Congrats Jim! It does get easier!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Jim,

You got it now. When I quite it took about 4 day's for me chemically to feel good. Now all you have to do is deal with the ritual aspect of the addiction. I would never smoke in my house but my shop was a different story. For about a year when I would walk into my shop or after a meal I would find myself looking for a smoke. Still to this day there are certain situations that I am in that I think it might be nice to have a smoke, I quickly come to my senses and think about the thousands of dollars I have saved over the last 4 or 5 years.

Keep up the good work.

Alan

Jim -

Excellent! Keep after it.

Regards,
    Ted

Way to go Jim!

It does get easier. Keep at it!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Awesome Jim!!! You'll never regret it! Keep quitting one day at a time
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Keep going. You are making excellent progress.

Each day just gets easier.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Woohoo Jim! Keep it up!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Keep up the good work Jim. If you can do 6 days, you can do 12 and so on and so on.If your mind tries to tempt you, change the subject.When I first quit I started cooking as a hobby. Lived in an apartment. No room for a workshop.Gave me something to do with my hands besides reaching into my pocket for you know what. So now go out to your car or truck, clean the ashtray completely and prepare to fill it with all of your loose pocket change like some or a lot of us do.
    Again. Keep up the good work.

Hang in there Jim..!!!! You CAN DO IT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Way to go Jim. Hang in there, take one day at a time.

FANTASTIC!!!....Hang in there and soon you'll have it wulpped!

Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

I've been smoking for 48 years, and I love it!! I drink a lot of coffee, and enjoy the smokes with every cup. After meals is great--taste sooo good.
    As far as I know, that's the only vice that I have. I don't drink alcohol, cuss, chase women(I been married to my lovely wife for 32 years), have no other habits that I can think of, and can afford the smokes.
    Smokes and woodworking tools is all I need to keep me happy, and of course my wife.
    I don't smoke in the house, only in the sunroom, and in my shop. I don't smoke at anyones house--I go outside, and I respect their wishes, but don't set around and tell me I need to quit, and gripe at me when they smoked themselves. Like I said--ex-smokers are the worst!! When/if I decide to quit, it'll be on my terms--not theirs. Besides--I don't plan to live forever--
    I'm going for the gusto!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dennington View Post
    Besides--I don't plan to live forever--
    I'm going for the gusto!!!!!!!
    After watching my fathers health decline for several years, to the point where he could not even walk across the room, and then watch him die in the hospital emergency room, gasping for every single breath he could get until he could no longer fight, all I can say is you have no idea what terrible fate you are inviting upon yourself and your family.

I wish your family the strength and fortitude they'll need to care for you. It's a long, slow decline. And you won't like the way it ends at all. Enjoy it now while you can.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.