Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New place in NC

Great property! Welcome to our neck of the woods Mitch. You will love it.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

I have a great friend who lives in Banner Elk, NC for part of the year. Is that anywhere near you? Oh yea....The property is beautiful.

Welcome to NC. You will love it here. My hometown is just east of you in Forest City. I get there about 3-4 times a year. Great space you have for the shop. Some of us here on the Creek would kill for that kind of space.

Mitchell - welcome to NC! I live about 250 miles east of you (SW of Raleigh).

You're in one of the prettiest parts of the state, and a great retirement area. Your new digs look super too. Enjoy!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Welcome to NC. You will love it here. My hometown is just east of you in Forest City. I get there about 3-4 times a year. Great space you have for the shop. Some of us here on the Creek would kill for that kind of space.
    I did. I need those 3.5 acres to hide the bodies.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

+1 on Tractor Supply. I love that place, I wish there was one closer to me. On the other hand, it's probably best that there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Orfanedes View Post
    Welcome to the South
    As someone in Florida, I have difficulty thinking of NC as "The South"

You are going to love Hendersonville!

Quote Originally Posted by Clancy Courtney View Post
    You are going to love Hendersonville!
    Already do. Lots of places to shop. Enough population to provide services. Good transportation. Had a few meals at Mike's on Main.

I'll live about 15 mins to the west off of Rt. 64. Amazing area. Commerce to seclusion in 15 minutes. I was working last week and realized that I hadn't heard a car go by in hours.

The people I've dealt with have all been warm and willing to help.

Mitchell - sorta off-topic, but welcome to the south. I moved to Atlanta 6 yrs ago. I don't know your exact area, but you are near Ashville, the Pisgahs, No GA (in case you want to learn to fly-fish for trout). I realize it is not as scenic as No. NJ, but you'll just have to get used to it .

(whoooah - put the gun down -just kidding - my mother-in-law lives in Jersey, and I'm there 2x per year. Very nice people, but your new locale is georgeous!!)
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Buy a car or bike with great handling capabilities if in NC. I love the roads. My Dad lives in Boone and I am overdue for a visit.
    Bob S.
    http://www.lancasterfm104.com/history.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Slater View Post
    Buy a car or bike with great handling capabilities if in NC. I love the roads. My Dad lives in Boone and I am overdue for a visit.
    Ha! I'd love a Corvette, the twists and turns are just right for filming a car commercial. My sister and BIL live in Paris, ONT, about an hour west of Toroto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Ha! I'd love a Corvette, the twists and turns are just right..
    Yeah, well - you can get this, or other cats with geaneology fo the famous Lotus 7, with any HP range, and some are well under 5lb/hp, with 0-60 @ 3+ a fraction. Think about that - the '09 ZR1 is 5.2 #/hp.

http://www.rmsci.com/
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

To continue with the thread drift, I seriously considered getting a South African built Superformance version of that Lotus. Beautifully finished. I currently have an SC Elise in my dreams at night.
    Bob S.
    http://www.lancasterfm104.com/history.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    ...famous Lotus 7, with any HP range, and some are well under 5lb/hp, with 0-60 @ 3+ a fraction.

http://www.rmsci.com/

Forget going 60 on some of these winding mountain roads - in any kind of car.

Wish I still had my '63 E-Type drophead.