Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post - a few bowls

wow, I love #3, the white oak is awesome.

Glad to see you post and no longer lurking!

Bill, I say welcome again! It looks like you are on your way to having every flat surface in your home filled with turnings like the rest of us! I love the look of the white oak as well, like Leo said the white oak is a bear to not have crack and you pulled it off with style! Thanks for sharing and hope to see more soon!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Very nice job. Welcome to the Creek.
    Eugene in NC

Great work! Thanks for posting it. I like the white oak, that is some pretty stuff.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Love the mallet.

Nice work. I particularly like the Osage-Orange piece. The photo job on that one makes it look like a sunrise over the nice flat grain in the front. Thanks for posting.
    Mark

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees in a single orange. -A.K. Ramanujan

Ron - Thanks, the mallet was feeling a little left out

Mark - The Osage Orange piece is much nicer IRL. The front has an iridescent 3D look to it that is lost in the photo.

Bill