Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Money II

Update

And Steve wins the prize!!

After several officials walked through yesterday and this a.m. guess what happened . . . general concensus is that the "U" is too wide. Fortunately, the letters were temporarily adhered with two sided tape just in case. So, back to the drawing board, so to speak.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Did I win anything?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Did I win anything?
    You get your choice of the following:

1) A phone call from me everytime I have a sign job asking "What do you think, Steve? What can go wrong?"

2) A one year subscription to "The Trials and Tribulations of Belinda's Foray into Sign Fabrication".

3) The beverage (or two) of your choice if we are ever at the same place at the same time.

And the saga continues. Yesterday we discussed at length the design for the Executive Board display, with options for changing names as necessary, etc. I got a call this morning from a local company, who had been contacted prior to this about producing the same item, asking if I would work with them on the project. Rock - hard place - me.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thanks!

I'll skip #1, as I have enough of these issues with my own clients

I'll skip #2, because I already have a subscription to a similar one

I'll take #3, but you can just drink it for me now

It's certainly an experience, isn't it? People can take something so simple and make it so complex. If you haven't experienced Pantone color requests yet, you're in for a treat.

I could write a book on what I've learned about the paint industry in the last 3 months, and it wouldn't be pretty.

Best of luck on your situation with the other company.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    And Steve wins the prize!!

After several officials walked through yesterday and this a.m. guess what happened . . . general concensus is that the "U" is too wide. Fortunately, the letters were temporarily adhered with two sided tape just in case. So, back to the drawing board, so to speak.

I was thinking it look and aweful lot like the set union operation.. must be my inner computer scientist coming out. Reads Exec-Union-Tive to me.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator