Thread: Kitchen cabs, how many hinges

Kitchen cabs, how many hinges

Refacing my kitchen and the doors right now have 3 hinges per door. They are 42 inches. Do I really need 3 or will 2 work. Looking to install the Silentia soft close that Rockler carries. They are $15 a pair. Just trying to save some money and I think 2 should be fine but looking for input. They will only be on the upper cabinets.
    The bottom will be drawers with the soft close, anyone have any good sources for a quality soft close that doesn't cost as much as Blum. Thanks for your help.

I would put 3 hinges on a door that is 42" tall.

I suppose you could try two, and if a few months down the road they seem to rickety or are warping you could add one more.

Just my 2 cents.

My rule is any door over 40" gets 3 hinges.

Cheaper than Blum, Just an opinion here, but hardware from a reputable manufacturer will always cost less in the long run, even though you have to spend a bit more up front. Blum undermounts have gone way down in price over the past year. I believe they started making them here in the states, North Carolina?

HDLusa.com has a retail side of things as well, though I don't know the web address.