Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 2, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I think fall has finally fell here in cheeseland. It has been cool and many areas had their first frost this week. Now we are in for some rain today and through the weekend. Already have gotten 1 inch with more on the way. Where was this rain when we really needed it?

Not sure what's on the menu for the weekend yet. It would be nice to get out to the shop and do some ww'ing. LOML may have other plans though. I'll be watching UW vs MN Saturday, the cup race Sunday and then............the big game Monday night.

What's going on in your part of the world? Hope you all have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Purdue vs. Northwestern! It's Homecoming and LOML and I will be doing Alumni Marching Band! Lots of fun, but tough on the knees!

...then it's on to getting organized for a kitchen cabinet project. I'll be placing my wood order and hopefully picking up the prefinished plywood from my dealer. Can't wait to get started!

Happy Trails!

Football games in the crisp fall brings back a lot of good memories.

O how I wish my weekend could be taken up that way. Tomorrow I will be attending the funeral service of a very close friend. She was the co-breeder of all our dogs, wife, mother of a second grader, and a super, vibrant person. Last week, at the age of 39, she passed away due to complications from the flu. Sunday I will be working with her special basset hound to get him ready for the national basset hound club show where I will be showing him in her honor.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Howdy Karl,

Thought I'd post here before I left for work this morning.

I'm oncall for the day/night job this week and that means no woodworking time for me....not even for splitting and stacking firewood. Sure is nice weather to be cooped up behind a desk 12-14 hours a day. It's been some very long and hard days.....but here's to hope for a good week next week.

Have a great weekend.!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Finished up 130lf each of baseboards and door trim and got that off to a buddy's shop to be finished with some other pieces for another friends house. We did that milled up last week and now it is out of the shop.

Started cleaning up last night. Going to work on Megan's headboard some more and get the sanding done and get the stain and lacquer started on it.

We have a Western Round up day at the park. Pony rides, face painting, kids carnival kinda stuff. That starts this afternoon so maybe it will be done raining by then. Fall is definately here in IL today.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've been slowly repairing/replacing the railings and posts on our deck, but it's raining so I probably won't get any outside work done this weekend. I do have some small trim pieces that need to be cut and painted, so I'll probably knock off those. Lots kids activities though, so I'll be "Daddy's Taxi" quite a but...
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.