Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What CNC machine would work best?

I know - another tool but these cut metals very nice - They are not abrasive saws
    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW872-1...098138&sr=1-20
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

good carbide blade and we have a small osciliatin table belt sander for cleanup on marks, hang you could get a mop flogging sander and send them polished!!

jim

yes the holes could be indexed with the router and your cut could be scored for accuracy with the router you will be dirlling a length of stick and sizing at the same time

rob is on it!!

jim

Joey recommends putting the MC-2840 on it's own breaker; any idea of the AMPs required?

we run both the spindle and the router on a 2o amp at mann tool,

in the comercial shop i have seperated breakers for each component.

you would have to have all three axis wide as# open plus the router at full rpms hogging 3" deep to come close to hittin that breaker and that ain't gonna happen

jim

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    we run both the spindle and the router on a 2o amp at mann tool,

in the comercial shop i have seperated breakers for each component.

you would have to have all three axis wide as# open plus the router at full rpms hogging 3" deep to come close to hittin that breaker and that ain't gonna happen

jim
    Since this is in the garage and the garage has it's own breaker, would it be possible just to up the amperage of that breaker and use the current electrical outlet that also powers the bench top machines (band saw, drill press, sander)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowan View Post
    Since this is in the garage and the garage has it's own breaker, would it be possible just to up the amperage of that breaker and use the current electrical outlet that also powers the bench top machines (band saw, drill press, sander)?
    absolutly, it is a router and some small motors, although i would not use it all at the same time. it might cost 100-300$ to have an electrician run a dedicated circut, my father had a film editing studio in his house, he wanted no interruptions on his work, it is a business!!

jim

absolutly, it is a router and some small motors, although i would not use it all at the same time. it might cost 100-300$ to have an electrician run a dedicated circut, my father had a film editing studio in his house, he wanted no interruptions on his work, it is a business!!

jim
    Alright, I guess will have to wait and see...I need the machine first
    Joey must have the day off today

i spoke to him a while ago he has sold some routers today,

jim

Awesome. Any idea on which ones were sold?

I've sent him a few emails and he's been quick to respond, but I guess he's working extra hard today.

someone bought a fairly big one, i help with teaching so we talk bout these things, also some smaller ones are sold as well and one with a lathe is shipping today.

jim

someone bought a fairly big one, i help with teaching so we talk bout these things, also some smaller ones are sold as well and one with a lathe is shipping today.

jim
    I downloaded the trial Cut2D program and began playing with it. I whipped a plate up in CorelDraw real quick, exported as .EPS, and opened within Cut2D. Within a few minutes I was able to run the tool path for the profile and drilled holes. Not gonna lie; kinda neat.

I think the Cut2D is more than sufficient for what I need, don't you agree? When do you think I would need VCarve Pro or even Aspire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowan View Post
    You need to make sure that the wiring is rated to handle the increased load before putting in a larger breaker. Not having a wire that can handle the new increased amps could result in a fire.

also they make a outlet that is rated for 20 amps.
    Last edited by James Jaragosky; 10-09-2009 at 1:43 PM. Reason: added outlet information
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

vectric has a tradeup policy, if it can be afforded go vcarvepro as you will want to make signs and such real quick!! you can download vectorartmachinist3d for free and produce 3d files that are purchased from vectorart3d for 10-25.00 each, as a camaster owner i and others can produce some flies and 3d for you to run but cannot cross copyright issues. i did this for russ in fla and he has now purchased the programs (aspire)

try downloading the vcarvepro you will have a bit of time to decide and they send the programs quick!!

I'll leave that to the professionals