Thread: Craft Show and Ivan Report

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Craft Show and Ivan Report

The last 6 days have been, to say the least, rather interesting and hectic. Ivan roared through Wednsday/Thursday just in time to cause somewhat of a problem with my Craft Show activities. Thursday's rain event made the drive-in/unloading for 225 craft booths somewhat hectic .

However, we managed to get through that even though we had a a number of no-shows from out-of-town who were scheduled to participate and couldn't make it.

The good news was the weather cleared on Friday afternoon and Saturday/Sunday were absolutely gorgeous although a little breezy. The show drew a good crowd on Friday afternoon and great crowds on Sat/Sun.

All of the show participants we very pleased with the crowd and with sales. Personally I did very well. The only two problems I had were that I didn't make enough Olive Wood pens and I didn't price them high enough since I sold all but one on Friday and sold the last one in the first 15 minutes of the show on Sat. Then I had 3 people who purchased on Friday who came back Saturday to buy more. Had to take orders for those . I will make sure I don't make that mistake for the upcoming Xmas show in December. Life is good !! -- and maybe, the economy is on the rise .

I got a lot of heat from Terry for not being able to make his BBQ this year. Being on the Board of Directors of North East Alabama Craft Association (show sponsors) and having a good deal of show responsibilties in addition to my greed for money prohibited me from attending. He will have to do a better job of scheduling next year.

Today I am trying to get caught up on my moderating duties, answering all my e-mails since Thursday (whew !!!), filling bulk buy and free kit requests (15) and getting my truck unloaded.

Tomorrow is scheduled for A TOTAL CHILL OUT DAY
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-20-2004 at 10:53 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Blog Entries

Glad you made it!

We were thiking about you with all that nasty weather coming through. I told Sue you had enough wood stored to build an Ark, but probably didn't have enough time to get it done.

Glad to see you back and that your craft show was successful.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute