Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracker Barrel complaint

We normally have good service and normally don't have a problem. Sometimes a bit of a wait and food was very slow and we complained, got a discount when cashing out.

We always stop at least one on our trips, heading up to Cape Cod next week, and probalby stop at least once...
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

2. Quote Originally Posted by John Shuk View Post
    I'm finding that to be the case more and more often.
    Went to Wendy's recently and while to food was as advertised I walked out feeling as though my body had alot of extra work to do to use it.

Seems to me that the American consumer lives on a steady diet of disappointment.
    When I was 18 I could eat anywhere. All you can eat road house, MacDonalds, Burger King, you name it. My tastes were sufficiently uncouth such that I was able to distinguish the finer points of flavor and substance between MacDonalds and Burger King. Woo Hoo.

Since then I've learned a few things about food and wine. Now If you want me to eat in a chain whether it's Olive Garden, TGIF, Red Robbin - you name it, if it's a chain and you want me to eat in it you gotta bring a loaded shotgun and be ready to use it.
    The stuff is pig swill.

90% of the restaurants that are not chains are every bit as bad. So very many construct their menu directly off the CISCO Rep's sales blurbs. They open a can of something and have half a dozen different glue-like-substance sauces they can douse it with. Then into the microwave it goes.

And yet they fill the seats. Go figure.

Cliff,
    You must have a very good cook at home.
    David B

Ugh it makes me sick to think about.
    Serious question here.....What is wrong with us? How did we let this happen.

When I went to Wendy's the guy asked what I would like to drink. I replied that I'd have Seltzer. He told me that I would have to pay as if it were soda which was fine. He then warned me that this would be a pretty big cup of seltzer. I said that if it were soda that would be more of an issue. He cocked his head as if there were some high pitched sound only he could hear and said I guess you have a point.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I remember when Kentucky fried chicken battered and fried all of the chicken there in the store.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    When I was 18 I could eat anywhere. All you can eat road house, MacDonalds, Burger King, you name it. My tastes were sufficiently uncouth such that I was able to distinguish the finer points of flavor and substance between MacDonalds and Burger King. Woo Hoo.
    Better see a doctor, Cliff. It might be a stroke or a tumor:
    http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_..._7_97/food.htm

Patience......

There's other things in life that need to be taken care of.

You really want to get scared, take a food safety course, ServSafe, and then go to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I've never had this problem at Cracker Barrel. Err...probably because I don't patronize them due to some of some discriminatory hiring/firing practices in years pass that I'll not discuss here.
    The funny part was their business (So I heard) increased after they took that stand.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I got a call this morning from a pleasant lady at Cracker Barrel, so they do follow-up on phone messages that you leave. She confirmed that the manager was correct. There is a national policy called "staging" that involves calling people to the hostess station before the table is actually ready. I got to register an official complaint about it and about the web complaint form not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    Don't patronize any of the chains.
    The food is awful, the ingredients are purchased on a Cost First basis and you can do a hundred times better at home for a lot less.
    Agreed. Only chain like that I've ever been consistently happy with was the relatively small Bob Evans group when I lived back in Ohio, and given that it's been years & Bob himself is long dead, I wouldn't be surprised if they suck now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mitchell View Post
    Agreed. Only chain like that I've ever been consistently happy with was the relatively small Bob Evans group when I lived back in Ohio, and given that it's been years & Bob himself is long dead, I wouldn't be surprised if they suck now as well.
    I had a Bob Evans breakfast a couple of years back. eew.

Everything was hard and dried out, like it had sat under a warming light for half a day. I won't be going there again, unless it's the last place left to eat.