Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lathe opportunity.....

Lathe opportunity.....

Ok fellas here's the deal. I had posted a couple of months ago that my nieghbor had a Nova Dvr. I was in the market for one. They are now on sale at Woodcraft for $1700. He is now purchasing a Stubby if I buy his Nova. He wants $1000 for the lathe,stand, bench grinder, outrigger and a few turning tools. He is a really great guy and I really would like to buy this. I think this this a great deal (more of a gloat), but what do you guys think? The lathe is about 4yrs old. No problems with it at all. Oh, and what's the life expectancy of those lathes? Thanks.

Don't wait....seriously all the extras alone are worth a couple hundred.

I would jump all over that one. As was said Chris you got at least a minimum of $200 or $250 in tools plus the stand is a extra.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sounds like a good opportunity! Looking forward to seeing photos of your new lathe!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Lathe opportunity

Give me his address and I will go over and check it out,an let you know how it works,er what I think about it. I f you don't have it in your shop by now,you coo coo

Seriously. Jump on this NOW or you're going to regret it forever.

Where is he located. I will see you 1000 and raise you a hundred. Sounds like a good deal.

"Getrdone".

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

I agree with everyone else, don't hesitate.

Is his Nova DVR an "XP" model, or an earlier model? That would factor in when comparing to the current WoodCraft offering. In any case, $1,000 sounds like a deal. I just bought the XP this week... nice machine.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Life span, way longer than you need! If anything it will only be put aside to buy something bigger,like your neighbor.
    neil

The wooden Potter

Nova Lathe

Where's the PIC'S!!!!! If its something you want,and buying from someone you know is definitely a big plus,go for it!!Then post some pics,congrads on your new lathe----Carroll

I am a new dvr owner and say to you don't wait. Get your neighbors rig with all the extra's. Afterall you know where he lives.As a plus you might just get to turn on a Stuby!...Bill..

Go and get it! Enjoy!

Seems like four years is just about the right amount of time to shake out any manufacturing defects. If I was in the market for that model, I'd jump on it.