Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAY off topic lol

Chocolate chip cookies!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Plain ol' ham and navy beans, over corn bread.
    Large, ice cold milk.
    Followed by LOML's chocolate chip cookies.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Home made Steak and Kidney pudding and Mash. Meat and Potato pie, infact my Mothers anything..

Hector Ellis' Pork pies, Tetley's bitter and the Sunday newspaper in the pub... burble....

Grilled cheese and campbell's tomato soup, cold cereal, Oreo's and milk.

Peanut butter, bacon, cheese, and mustard sandwich on rye!! I'm having one right now.

Chicken fried steak, baked potato and corn! Chili is good too.

Pasta

This Italian girl loves Pasta!

Phyllis

Actually just about ANY soup/chili/stew pot is good. I recall the big pot of split pea soup. We used to have to call it green 'bean' soup, or my brother wouldn't eat it lol

Then there are the quickie meals, grilled cheese, peanut butter bacon sandwiches, or the old school standby, bologna potato chip sandwich lol

Geesh, I'm getting hungry still.... navy bean soup, potato barley soup..... Good thing they sell powdered ham stock now.

Anything my neighbor wants to make
    Every day when I get home from work, I grab my mutt, stop next door to grab their 1 year old german shepherd, then go 2 doors down where 2 labs live, and the 4 of them romp for about 45 minutes. So my next door neighbor has a tendency to make way too big batches of whatever she's cooking then cant figure out how to get it all in the fridge or freezer. So quite often on the way back home to drop their mutt off I get handed some real comfort food (the kind it dont take no work to make). About 2 weeks ago I got enough homemade vegetable beef soup to feed me for a week. A few weeks before that, it was enough kielbasa and sauerkraut to last 3 nights.
    Use the fence Luke

......and we must NOT forget the homemade cinnamon rolls

Red Beans and rice

Mondays are Red Beans and Rice day accompanied by some good sausage....

Gotta go add the celery and onions now.

Ted

When I was a little girl I caught every stomach virus that made the rounds. After about 24 hours of losing everything I put in my stomach the bug would run its course. As soon as I could keep solid food down my mama would make homemade mashed potatoes. Nothing special, but still my favorite comfort foot.

Made from scratch Mac & Cheese (with eggs).

My mama's made from scratch coconut cake with Seven Minute Frosting and freshly grated coconut.

My lentil soup with ham and carrots or ham and potatoes.

Beef stew. Oyster stew with lots of little oyster crackers. At Christmas my mama's pecan divinity.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Mmmmmmmm Bacon

Bacon...which then leads into the next favorite, Homemade cinnamon rolls. LOML makes the best cinnamon rolls ever (okay, I'm a little biased). How does one lead into the other you ask.... LOML says the secret to good cinnamon rolls is Bacon grease. Instead of butter to hold the cinnamon and sugar, she uses bacon grease.

Shame on you Bonnie. This has to be the cruelest thread ever posted. With the exception of
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Damm View Post
    Peanut butter, bacon, cheese, and mustard sandwich on rye!!
    , everything else here sounds so good. So much for the diet! I'll use you as this weeks excuse!
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling