Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WAY off topic lol

WAY off topic lol

Just wondering what kinds of 'comfort foods' people eat. Today, at least, mine is homemade chicken noodle soup. Not often I make this since I hate rolling out the noodles. But it sure brings back a lot of good memories of mom cooking HUGE pots of soup

The LOML has come up with two comfort foods recently that I especially like......homecooked Italian wedding soup and Chinese coleslaw.....

Your home-made chicken noodle soup does sound good, however.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Gotta be meatloaf.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Mac & Cheese -- from scratch with a crumb topping. No blue boxes for me.

Buffalo Wings -- both LOML and I agree it's our favorite comfort food.

Garlic mashed potatoes.

Cassoulet.
    Deflation: When I was a kid, an E-ticket meant I was about to go on the ride of my life. Today, an E-ticket means a miserable ride.

Comfort foods? My problem is I have too much comfort with too many foods!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Is there a limit on how many I can pick?

+1 on the chicken noodle soup. We have a big pot on the stove right now - courtesy our awesome neighbor, while the LOML is recovering. Had some other soup from a different neighbor the other night too. Both are delicious. I also want to add meatloaf, as well as any sort of meat served with gravy and mashed potatos. Oh - and on a nice snowy day, after coming in from snowblowing and clearing off the cars, the wife usually has a nice crockpot full of corn chowder for me. yum yum yum
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Homemade macaroni and cheese, with tomatoes in it of course.

Tortiere has to be one of my favourites, reminds me of Christmas eve.

Campbells tomato soup, with Saltine crackers, another from my childhood.

Damn, I'm at work and hungry now........Rod.

Bonnie,

You picked a perfect day to ask! Oh everything is fine other than overcast and chilly. So your chicken soup sounds perfect to me! Probably our favorite comfort foods would be chili and beef stew during winter. Then well just what we like in the summers are grilled meats, potatos. I'm with the guys who said mac and cheese, too! Interesting question and responses!

Regards,

Jude

Chicken fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, with green beans, not the regular type, but the real wide green bean..don't know what they are called. All time favorite.
    Others would be a big pot of red beans,(crock pot going right now with jalepeno cornbread in the oven!!), especially with the home made chowchow my MIL made before she passed away. Man I miss that stuff. Chicken enchilada soup. Chicken and dumplings the way Mom used to make it when I was a kid...LOML won't even try. Chili is also a good one on a cold winter night, with crackers and a big hunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Jim.

Oops!! A big bag of peanut M&Ms. Not those wimpy 16 oz bags either.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 10-04-2009 at 8:12 PM. Reason: added oops!
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Number one comfort food is Mac & Cheese. To me comfort also means ease of preparation. That means the blue box stuff. Not to hijack the thread, but with the yummy answers given here, we need the recipies if you are not doing it out of a box!
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Fried chicken w/ pan gravy, mashed potatoes, collards, and biscuits.

Our mac and cheese

In the casserole layer in the macaroni then a layer of extra sharp white cheddar cheese and butter. Repeat until full. Add milk about half way up the casserole and top with crumbled saltines. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, until the milk is absorbed.

Any/all of the above.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

Chocolate. Good Mexican. Really good beef including burgers made from the same. So many choices....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

where to start??
    Fried chicken, mac and cheese, meatloaf, (real) Mexican. All great answers.
    How 'bout homemade italian sauce with meatballs and sausage over pasta with garlic bread??
    I'm starvin
    History teaches us that both men and nations behave wisely,
    once they have exhausted all other alternatives~~Abba Eban