Thread: Ridgid TS3650 Table Top Maintenance

Ridgid TS3650 Table Top Maintenance

I'm sure one of you folks, if not many of you, have proven methods for cleaning and waxing the cast iron table tops. I'd LOVE to hear any/all of them! Required resources, consumables, methods, do's and don'ts....anything.....

If you search the forums you'll find tons of discussions, such as this one:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=rust+prevent

Mineral sprits, a scotch-brite pad and paper towels to remove the rust. I personally use "Slip It" to keep the table slick and rust-free, but I've heard furniture wax works well, too.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Weiss View Post
    I'm sure one of you folks, if not many of you, have proven methods for cleaning and waxing the cast iron table tops. I'd LOVE to hear any/all of them! Required resources, consumables, methods, do's and don'ts....anything.....

Blog Entries
    +1 on mineral spirits and sytho steel wool pads (I have an old palm sander that I put the pads on) for removing the previous coats of wax and any rust or discoloration. Severe shadows or out-n-out rust is removed with Boeshield Rust-Free (read the directions, this is an acid). Once clean I use Johnson's Paste Wax a few times a year on the top and monthly or more often on the fence rails.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler