Thread: SWAT - Wichita Falls, TX

Thumbs up SWAT - Wichita Falls, TX

I've been gone for a while. Any Creekers going to SWAT?
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

I plan to be there.
    Bob V.

I am going to try to go. I will see how the next week goes.

Alan

Swat Wichita Falls

I plan to be there. Paid up for a couple weeks. Hope to learn lots of new techniques,etc. Max, Ft. Worth Tx. North Tx. Woodturners.

No! The Ohio valley symposium is the same weekend... I really wish these guys would get together on the dates. Next year I'll see you there.

I am planning to be there. It has been GREAT the last 2 years. Lots of good demos, vendors, and the Instant Gallery has so many different pieces of inspiration.

is it true that there is a pile of mesquite in front of the site free to attendents?????????

Hey Al,

I hope I can go, just depends on work schedule at present, it'd be nice to meet ya'll though after these few years! In any event, been once and it's a nice event, so hope everyone has fun whether I'm there or not!

Best to you,

Jude (Abilene)

I have already paid by fee and reserved my hotel room, hope to see you there. Come by room 5 Saturday morning, I have to shoot the video that morning.
    Randy
    Much Work Remains To Be Done Before We Can Announce Our Total Failure to Make Any Progress

Charlie,

I think that the free mesquite was at something down in San Antonio. I have never seen free mesquite or other wood at a SWAT. I am scheduled to work Friday afternoon at the Instant Gallery and hope to meet some Sawmill Creekers there.

I'm going to take some Mesquite, Black Walnut (maybe), and some Turkey-foot Pinion Pine, and one piece of Scorched Bristlecone Pine (came from a burn in 1897 in Colorado)... just trading material. I'd like to get some different wood to turn... maybe something that doesn't grow in West Texas. I'll be in the Keystone Hideout Travel Trailer, parked just west of the MPEC.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

I'll be there too. Can't wait.

I ended up having to work this weekend so I can't go. Dang it tough when your job gets in the way of your hobby.

Alan

I can't make it, but say hi to my buddy Don Ward if you go for me I think he may be doing a demo, not sure.

I 'll be there aready made deal on pickup load of mesquite.