Thread: Toys and joys patterns

Toys and joys patterns

Hi creekers I hang out on the turners forms but had a question for flat workers has anyone ordered patterns from Toys and Joys patterns are they good clear partterns or do you have to guess on some pices? Has anyone used there patterns what do you think??

Blog Entries
    I've made a number of toys from Norm Marshalls book. "The Great All American Wooden Toy Book". His patterns are to scale and can easily be enlarged on a copy machine. His instructions aren't bad either. Here's some examples:
    Planes
    Vehicles
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Smile

I have made many of Norm's toys. they are the best.
    Earl

I have made many of the toys and joys patterns from the old cars to the construction equimpment. The patterns are printed I think on 18 by 24 inch sheets so you can trace or get the part sizes right off of the plan. For the first time builder I wood recommend getting the kit that goes with the pattern. Have fun
    Bob

Dahl
    I have used several Toys and Joys patterns. For the most part they are very easy to follow. A lot of parts can be traced from full size drawings.
    Some of the tiny parts can be a bit tricky.Make sure you are prepared to work on tiny pieces safely. I'm pretty sure that I revised and improvised here and there. Spring for the parts kits. They are a little pricey for what you get, but they have odd pieces that would be difficult to duplicate, (at least frustrating to). All in all, I have been very satisfied with the product.
    Brian

Thanks all for your help I,ll order one or two plans and try my luck.