Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 9, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Ever closer to Halloween we are. And this weekend should be our first freeze of the season. All the allergy sufferers will rejoice. It should also speed the leaf transformation. Color in this area is about 60% I would guess.

Not much on the agenda for me this weekend. Might get out to the shop and get some more work done on the flag cases. I do plan on watching the UW-OSU game Saturday. And some Presidents Cup golf. Oh, and the Cup race from Fontana. Fingers crossed for MM. No Packers this week. Next Thursday will be my mom's 87th B-Day. We'll be helping her celebrate all week, especially Tuesday when we go to the gambling boat on the Mississippi River at Marquette, IA. She only plays pennies or nickles but, she enjoys doing it.

With the weather changing, what's on the agenda in your part of the world? Enjoy your weekend and make the most of it. Please be SAFE.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 10-09-2009 at 9:08 AM.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

A family cookout on Sunday, and that's about all we have "planned". The leaves have definitely started turning/falling around here, and they're forecasting a spectacular fall foliage season. Tomorrow looks to be a rainy day, so it might be good day to just stay inside and finish some of the 'honey do' list.

Late changing news - I just got a bead on a cider press on CL. I've been looking for one for a while...so the boys and I will hook up the trailer and head north to check it out - and hopefully bring it home.
    Last edited by JohnT Fitzgerald; 10-09-2009 at 8:53 PM.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

It's pheasant opener. I will be blowing holes in the sky.

Tonight my daughter is having two friends over for a sleepover--it will be a good night to work late out in the shop! Tomorrow morning our club is having work day to build wooden toys for Toys for Tots. I'm also picking up a "new" top for my Unisaw that I bought off a guy on OWWM. Its traveled from New York to Ann Arbor via Chicago and has been waiting for met to bring it the rest of the way for the last week or two. The old top had been reground, making it nice and flat, but with undersized miter slots.

The rest of the weekend I'll be drilling hinge holes, edgebanding shelves, cleaning the shop, and sanding.

Need to stay busy with the firewood cutting.

It's going to be muddy after 3 days of rain though.

Guess that's better than cutting wood when it's zero degrees.