Thread: Plywood Cut list program for a Mac?

Plywood Cut list program for a Mac?

I'm looking for a cut list program for an Intel Mac. I had one for my old, Power PC Mac but it doesn't work on an Intel Mac.

Does anyone know of a, preferably FREE, plywood cutlist program for use on an Intel Mac?

Thanks very much.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

+1 on this request, although I'm interested in various programs available across the price range.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

John
    What this world needs is a good retreat.
    --Captain Beefheart

I would like one for Linux, since Mac is now BSD based, they should work on either. (recompile)

That said, have you looked at running yours under an emulator (work around)?

My current work around is I have an old Palm program called Wood (v1.2 I think) you plug in what you need and it will optomize the cuts for you, need to be careful with grain orientation, but there's an option for that. you can specifiy your kerf as well as add in some waste for errors. It then spits out a graphic of how to cut each sheet down to size.

I run a Palm emulator, on windows XP, in VM Fusion. So it's an emulator on an emulator. I couldn't find a native Mac OS Palm 4.0 emulator, they've moved on to a newer OS.

I've emailed the author of the app several times, there is a Java version that will run on a mac, but it doesn't have graphical out put and it not nearly as useful.

I also have started using Google sketchup, I will draw out a 8x4 sheet of plywood, and then create all my nessesary pieces, you can flip, rotate, etc to find what fits best. I make everything 1/8 oversize to account for kerf, etc. More time consuming but it works.

Waiting for a native Mac app as well.
    Where did I put that?

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    I would like one for Linux,
    Me too.