Thread: T Tracks specs

T Tracks specs

Hi All,

Living in Israel puts sometimes a strain on basic (and not so basic) stuff we can not easily purchase.

I was wondering if anyone can give me standardized measurements of T Tracks and their accessories (nuts etc.) so that I might go to an aluminum business and ask them to produce some for me (give them a profile design and let them do the extrusion)....

Thanks (looking for all types and the pros/cons of each) I might even be starting a small business based on this in Israel (very small).

Thanks a bunch
    Moshe

Not sure this helps, but...

Standard miter slots are 3/4" wide x 3/8" deep. Depending on the MFG, T track fits in, or sits just proud of that. My Rockler T track is 1/2" deep, and accomodates a 1/4" -20 tpi hex bolt as well as 5/16"-18 TPI T bolts.

I don't have a 1/4-20 bolt handy to check, but I believe they fit a 1/2" wrench. (My memory isn't all that good these days).
    Last edited by David Hostetler; 10-11-2009 at 8:36 PM.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post

I don't have a 1/4-20 bolt handy to check, but I believe they fit a 1/2" wrench. (My memory isn't all that good these days).

David, I think that your memory misled you on this one! 1/4" bolts typically take a 7/16" wrench / socket.
    5/16" bolts take a 1/2" wrench / socket.

Scott

I won't argue with you on that. I just keep trying sockets until something fits anyway...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I think you are mis-understanding my question...
    Supposing I would go to a place that makes Aluminum profiles, what should I ask for, is there a standard name/number to this profile? if not what are it's dimensions for production...

Moshe,

There are photos of the profiles at Rockler on this page.

Another option you might consider is to make your own using a t-slot router bit like this.

I found this page with dimensional information.
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 10-12-2009 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Add a reference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.