Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Pens

Acrylic Pens

Today got started on some pens (26 to be exact) to give to my employee's and their wives when I retire for all their hard work and sticking with me thru thick and thin times. There is no better bunch than these people. I have worked with them or have been their Supervisor from the newest ones of 4 yrs to the oldest for 26 yrs.

Anyway here are 4 of them that I got done this afternoon. They are Wallstreet II Click pens. I just nipped the corners off the blanks with a roughing gouge and then it was a 1" oval skew to the finish. There was no sanding and just buffed lightly with tripoli, white diamond and Ren wax. From left to right is dark purple, cobalt blue, chocolate covered cherry and pink. That hot pink as the LOML calls it I cannot keep enough blanks around. I have sold probably 30 pens in the last 3 or 4 months and 22 of them were the pink. I just put in a order for 20 more of those blanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 10-12-2009 at 6:04 PM.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great looking pens Bernie! You must be getting the short timer's jitters - or close to it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great looking pens. And a really nice way to say thank you.

Wonderful gesture and a great group of pens. I really like the cobalt.

Great job on the pens Bernie. Congrats on the retirement, your going to love it.
    Dave
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

Bernie, great looking pens. I'm sure your employees will enjoy them. I like the cobalt best. Congrats on the retirement.
    Eugene in NC

Thanks for the kind comments. Yep Steve it is starting to set in with 80 days left. David I am a little bit nervous about it but on the other hand looking forward to it. Been working for 45 yrs. Be nice to be able to do things I have been wanting to do for years but just didn't have the time.

Wonder what it will be like to turn for 6 or 8 hrs a day???
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congratulations on the final leg to retirement, bet it will be great when it happens. Those pens will make nice gifts for folks that sound like deserve them. Looks forward to seeing all those projects that have been on the back burner. Git R Done

Nice pens Bernie! Wish I worked for you too!

Very nice pens, Bernie!

And thanks for showing that Polishing pens can be simple.
    Bob
    Bob Hainstock

Thanks again for the kind comments. I guess you could call the pens a labor of love.
    Bernie

Very elegant looking pens, Bernie! You often see Sierras ( and other pens )
    with an IMO exaggerated barrelshape. These are perfect.

Horst

Great looking pens, Bernie. Really love that cobalt one. I haven't tried turning acrylic pens yet. After seeing the colors displayed here, I've got to order some new blanks when I get off the forum tonight...
    Billy

Great looking bunch of pens, Bernie, really classy. That's a classy gesture, too, giving them to your employees.

Congrats on your pending retirement and I expect to see a flood of turnings from you soon thereafter.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Nice group of pens

Bernie, I have had a run on the click style pens lately! They seem to be the ticket around here! I have not done any of that type but I think I will now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown