Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: River Birch HF

Beautiful Bill!
    You said it was punky. How did you stabilize it?
    Nice form too!
    Blessings, Steve

Had to be quite a challenge to turn it with that much decay. The result of your effort and patience have paid off. Beautiful piece.

That's beautiful. Well worth the effort of digging it out and dealing with the punky wood. I really like the shape too.

Steve: I had about 1/2 a can of minwax wood hardener so I used it up on this piece. Man, I hate that stuff! The fumes just about knock me out even when used outdoors but it does the job...Bill...

Gee, I can't say more than has already been said, Bill. Simply beautiful in every way. Given that I have yet to venture too far into hollow form, I'm always espcially impressed with the narrow opening - wide bodied pieces such as this. In my eyes, it's truly an impressive pices of wood and workmanship!

Terry

Oooooooo.....shiny, pretty wood, nice form. Well done
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by William Bolen View Post
    Mike, I use a home made articulating hollowing system. Walls are 1/4 to 3/8 foot closing in on 1/2. The wood was so punky I was a bit nervous going to 1/4 or 3/16..Bill..
    Now Bill I think you're being modest about your work. Those walls have to be slightly less than 1/4 to 3/8 foot.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Nice form and beautiful wood. I think it was well worth the effort of digging it out and stabilizing the wood.

Awsome indeed !!!!:d
    John 3:16