Thread: Resolved: Problem with Your Notifications...

Resolved: Problem with Your Notifications...

When I log in I have 1 showing in my Your notification box to the right under your log in name.. you last visited.. etc. Normally when you go have a look the number of notifications of private mail will dis-appear. It does not. I have cleared both my In-box and Out-box of saved messages and both show 0.

But.. the notification of 1 remains. Not a big deal but I have to go check each time I log in to see if it is live or the current mis-cue. If a moderator or someone in authority could remove the 1 an return the feature that will automatically take it down when you view private messages I would greatly appreciate it.

Again no big deal as I can live with it but.. it is a bit annoying even though it takes much more to get my shorts in a wad.

Thanks in advance...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

John - any possibility that the notice is for a Visitor Message and not for a PM? Just curious as you will get the same notification for Visitors as well as for any comments added to your photo gallery. Let me know and if the problem remains - I will bring it to Aaron's attention.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    John - any possibility that the notice is for a Visitor Message and not for a PM? Just curious as you will get the same notification for Visitors as well as for any comments added to your photo gallery. Let me know and if the problem remains - I will bring it to Aaron's attention.
    Steve.. don't pay any attention to your wife if she doesn't declare you a brillant man. And do pay attention to anyone who tells you I must be the most computer illiterate man currently on earth.

Visitor message as you mentioned as the box was clicked on in lieu of the private message when the message got to me. Not too many visitors so I claim ignorance of what happens even though ignorance is no excuse in the sight of the law.

Regards from Mr. daaaahh....
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

John - the only reason I could make the suggestion I did was because I went through the same thing! Now - when I see a number in the window - I read what it is for. Just one of those - been there, done that kind of things! Good news is you will be able to sleep tonight instead of worrying about this!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!