Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 16, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Just a wee bit early this morning for the Doin's thread. I'm up and have to leave in a little while for a trip to Marquette, MI. to pick up a car for a local dealer I work for part time. Almost 7 hours one way, so it'll be a long day for me.

It's been a rather rotten week around here weather wise. Cool and cloudy with periods of rain/drizzle. Supposed to see a little sun this weekend hopefully. We've also been about 20 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year. I'm hoping for one more warm spell so I can get in at least one more round of golf for the season.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend other than some football and the race at Charlotte. I'll keep my options open, I guess, with a chance of getting some thing done in the shop.

What's going on in your part of the world? Any big plans? Whatever you've got going on I hope you enjoy your time and make the most of the time away from work. Please be SAFE in whatever you do.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    Probably be doing the same thing we did last week - still working offshore
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Bilello; 10-16-2009 at 6:37 AM.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

just going to hang around the house and relax. had shoulder surgery wednesday. typing one handed is not fun, reminds me of when i first tried to learn to type. working deal off of clist on powermatic bandsaw, so that may enter the picture as well.
    Last edited by Steve Southwood; 10-16-2009 at 7:31 AM. Reason: pain meds effecting typing

We were going to go camping one more time, but I'm feeling the pressure of a looming deadline on the kitchen, compounded by some upcoming work travel, and its forecast to be dipping down into the 20's at night in northern Indiana so we are staying home. I'll be in the shop all weekend sanding, wiping, and spraying.

In the last week, our night time lows set new records.....by 6 or 7 degrees into the lower 20s F.

Try shove the LOML into making a decision on what color to paint our bedroom. Need to move furniture out of there and get it painted. New carpeting to arrive in less than 2 weeks.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

So far, the weekend is shaping up as follows:

Friday:
    LOML got us tickets to the "Miss Rosethorn Pageant". Yes, Rosethorn! Local policemen and firefighters in drag on stage for voting!

Saturday:
    Install a new mailbox on a 4x4 post I "planted" yesterday. The concrete will be setup plenty good by then. Later, I'll settle in for the race at Charlotte. Go, Jimmy!

Sunday:
    A day of rest, for sure. I'll start by preparing breakfast for us. Later in the day it'll probably be ribeyes on the barbie. LOML loves it when I do that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bilello View Post
    That a bull? Nice fish, Id be looking for the cobes following him around!

Will be starting the night shift at work, on the good side it will be a short shift. I start two weeks vacation Sunday. I just hope the constant rain we have been having this month moves out. So far this month we have had rain every day but two. I hope to get sme things finished around the house. Also planning on making a fast trip to NC for a woodturning symposium on the weekend of the 23rd. Might try to get in a couple days of camping also, just depends on the weather. Just hope we don't get the stuff that PA. is getting.
    Hope everyone has a safe and good weekend and plenty of shop time.

Bobby
    Louisiana

First time in a while, I finally have no class saturday and I finally get somewhat of a weekend.
    So my plans are:
    Finish a honey locust bowl
    Do water changes in the fishroom
    Seal some logs
    Spend some time with the family

Radek

Saturday the women from the non profit have the shop to make kitchen cupboard doors.

My sister is coming down to visit us (she lives about 300km north of us), so I'll be making tandoori chicken, basmati rice etc for dinner.

Sunday I will finally get the pieces run through the shaper to make two pieces of baseboard for a friend with a 100 year old house. Baseboard is 1" X 9', red oak.

Regards, Rod.

Hoping to build a storage rack for wood tonight, then saturday I'm going to play around with different layouts for my shop/garage to see what works best. Then open the 735 and run some boards through it to go with a chest/coffee table project I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bilello View Post
    What kind of shark is that, Tony?

I think these threads may be bad luck. Every time I post what I hope to get done in the shop over the Weekend, something always derails my plans.

...Of course that happen when i don't post too. May be a conspiracy!

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gill View Post
    What kind of shark is that, Tony?

It'a Big Shark !!!!
    Seriously, I am not sure I think it is a bull shark and a rather large one at that. I am not a fisherman so I dont know for sure. One of the guys caught it off the platform and then tied a rope around it and the crane brought it up to the top deck. It was scarey.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville