Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

Question about Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

Hello,

Harbor Freight is currently running their Multifunction power tool at $29.99 with coupon. This tool looks similar to the Fein Multimaster, which costs considerably more! Has anyone used this Harbor Freight version, and if so, is this a good buy?

Thanks,
    Louis

Do a search, that tool has come up in a ton of threads!

general thought is for 30 bucks its well worth it, one of the few powertools from HF worth anything

Louis,
    I have been using one for a while now with several hours of actual run-time. I posted a review on the tool a few months ago. In my opinion, it is very much worth it.
    Kev

I bought one for $30, also, and it's worth that much. And Harbor Freight will take their tools back if you don't like it.

If it's something you plan to use every day, buy the Fein, but if you only use it occasionally, I think the HF is fine.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Anybody know where one can pick up the coupon?

You can find the coupons in a variety of magazines such as woodworking ones, field and stream, any NRA publication, etc, etc. Those same magazines will also have the 20% off coupon for any item in the store too.
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by John Brennaman View Post
    Wood magazine, among some others.
    I bought one for $30 also. The next week they were in the store listed at that price.
    Yesterday, my store had the replacement blades on sale. I bought a couple diamond blades for less than $8 ea.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I bought one on10-10-09 it ran for about 15 mins, Took it back the next day, I thougt I might have trouble but they gave me my money back ...

Look in the "Deals and Discounts" forum. The coupon is there. It's good until sometime in January, if I remember correctly.

[Update: here it is.]

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-16-2009 at 4:29 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I picked one up for $30 for a current basement remodel project. It's been well worth the price. Used to cut drywall flush to rough door openings, scrape carpet pad glue off concrete, flush cut shims when hanging doors, scrape globs of drywall mud off concrete floor, cut 4" PVC flush to concrete floor to glue in toilet flange, cut 2" PVC drain stub outs open, and the list goes on. Honestly it's been way more useful then I expected, and hasn't missed a beat. Highly recommend it.

I'm well pleased with mine. For the money, it's a great value. It's not a tool that I used everyday, or even often. But, when I need it, it works as advertised.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

I really like mine. I find that it is amazingly versatile. One of the coolest things about it is that you can use the straight saw blade as a plunge saw as long as you can get the dust out of the hole. I used it the other day to rough out a through mortise in a 2" thick plank, and the hole came out so perfect I didn't even bother to clean it up with a chisel. I'm now thinking about making some customized blades for it with a few jigs to see what other interesting things it can do.

I bet if you connected it to a plane blade and mounted it you could make a really interesting vibrating jointer.

I have it and have also used the Fein. I found almost no difference in the two. Both are loud, both get very hot. Both are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Gooding View Post
    I have it and have also used the Fein. I found almost no difference in the two. Both are loud, both get very hot. Both are very useful.
    That's interesting to know. I used a friend's Dremel Multi-tool (or whatever it's called) and it got really hot. I thought something was wrong with it. Sounds like it's common to all of these tools.

Mike

The USA today, in the money section, has a coupon for $34.99.
    10-16-09
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale