Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog you got?

I have an Entlebucher. "A what?" is the next thing people usually say! The breed's one of the Swiss Mountain Dogs, along with a Bernese and a couple other breeds nobody's heard of! He's a great dog, very smart, loyal and obedient.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boxer "Bo"

Boxer "Bo" is my ever present shop helper. Lays by the door when I'm working and puts his head in my lap when I sit -- yes, he gets a treat whenever he wants!
    Last edited by Jim McFarland; 10-16-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: change from linked to embedded photo

Another mutt here

From the pound. Got her about 5 years ago, when she was around 2.

We've got 2 rescue dogs; a rat terrier and a black lab/plott hound mix. We got the little ball of energy, the terrier that is, about 7 months before the lab. When we lost our English Setter we knew we wanted another dog, but a totally different type--terrier fits the bill. We then lost our chow/shepard mix and went for the lab. They both came from the same rescue; in fact they were together for a little over a year before we got them. It is unbelievable how well they get along; they are truly best friends.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Drahthaars

Two Drahts. Most excellent hunting dogs and pheasant hunting season opens tomorrow!!!
    And by the way a skunk tried to get in the kennel with Rosie last night. Not a good thing to try with a Draht. Rosie killed it, ate the head and legs off from it. She is such a sweet dog!
    Attached pic of my male Drahthaar, Akin.
    The Plane Anarchist

I have 2 Belgian Sheep Dogs. They are bright, energetic, and very neurotic. It takes a very gentle and consistent approach with these dogs. I am not a big fan, but my wife loves them, and I love her, so...

Our dog Daysha, product of the local pound, and her nemesis, Sylvia, a.k.a. "The Cat".

Westies
    We have 4 and they are great fun to have, live in the house or should say (take over the house). Sunny shows them, people ask me why I don't but my job is transportation, security, and turds.
    Mike

http://www.homerunwesties.com/default.html

What type of dog

We have about 60 , they come without hair, with mange and worms and whatever but in 3 months they look like new. My wife was going to have a rescue center for street dogs but instead we have a adoption center. Once she gives one a name it never leaves again.

Here is an example , Toby has been with us 6 or 7 years and is doing well.

The next are Leal before and after and the next is Zarina stealing a box of Dunkin Donuts. We heard she was brought to town to be in dog fights but she just rolled on her back.

The last is Mancha a Great Dane giving a freind a kiss.
    Last edited by Jim King; 10-17-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry nazard View Post
    Bravo!! People like you, that take a chance adopting a questionable pet
    Thanks for that Jerry. It was a tough program and on a few of occasions I actually thought about letting him die. But I am glad I didn't. He put up such a fight to live I felt he deserved the chance. I think he may have a collapsed or damaged lung as he breathes funny and gets puffed out quickly.

It does not stop him from chasing rabbits and doing all the things an adolescent dog does. He makes me laugh at least once every hour with his antics.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Two rottweilers. Really nice dogs. Breed has a bum rap about being mean. About 120 lbs each.

Dar

Blog Entries

Black Lab Mix

Black Lab mix. He is a rescue dog found as a puppy on Huenme Road. Grew to 100 lbs of friendly muscle.

Attack!

Our two vicious attack pugs...Fred and Ethel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers, Rory

This is my buddy Max, his mom was a rottie and his dad was the uninvited neighbors shepherd

Only male in the litter... that explains the ear. Here he is hiding from the big black thing.

You can't see me (Medium).jpg

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hildenbrand View Post
    Stormy Weather - Lab, Shar Pei mix.
    Never seen a lab/shar pei mix, interesting. Looks like stormy has a deep voice.

Funniest mix I ever saw was at the vet when a woman brought in this little black dog. The thing was tiny, but totally had the big dog alpha attitude, so I had to ask. Turns out it was a Pekinese/Bernese Mountain Dog mix. Not really sure how that happened... I'd guess there is a Bernese out there who is still mystified as to how she got pregnant, and a Pekinese tellin' all his friends "you'll never guess what I pulled off..."