Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pie-Safe

Pie-Safe

Finished this pie-safe up yesterday...........it was a fun project.

100_3668.jpg100_3667.jpg100_3666.jpg100_3665.jpg100_3664.jpg100_3663.jpg100_3662.jpg

James,
    Must say that's real nice, but doesn't have enough locks to be 'Pie-Safe' around my place!
    Dan Manning

Cool. Did you punch the tin(?) panels yourself?

On another note, why is it called a pie safe? They don't look that hard to get into...mmm...pie...

Very nice James! Am somewhat new to woodworking and must admit I can't identify wood very well yet. What type of wood and what is that finish...I love it!

Great job on the pie safe James.

How long did it take to punch all of that tin?

James, very nice job SO FAR on the pie safe... but, sorry to say it remains unfinished until those shelves hold a dutch apple pie, a chocolate pie, and two butterscotch pies. THEN, it will be finished!

Great work, and a practical project.

Beautiful Safe, Makes me want some Pie, but when do I not want pie. Looks just big enough to fit a Balloon Boy in there.

Great looking project. I've had one of these on my "one of these days" list. Can't get my wife to buy into the pineapple punch pattern (from NYWS)

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    James, very nice job SO FAR on the pie safe... but, sorry to say it remains unfinished until those shelves hold a dutch apple pie, a chocolate pie, and two butterscotch pies. THEN, it will be finished!
    I would say it is missiing 2 sweet potato pies, 2 pecan pies and a strawberry-rhubarb pie

nice job!

very nice. Puts my first pie safe to shame
    fledgling weekend warrior

Very nice job, James. I haven't seen a pie-safe in years. My aunt had one in her big, country kitchen and she keep it full of booty for sure. They had a 2 acre garden and dinner and supper was a treat to be around at her house. I suppose I should clarify to those not from the rural south that what we called dinner was what you call lunch.. and what you call dinner was called supper. I use lunch and dinner as you do these days but... I take great pride in the way thing used to be during my child-hood.

Well done...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Cool project! I've got a 3 shelf/panel version on my too long to do list. I hope it turns out as nicely as yours!

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    I suppose I should clarify to those not from the rural south that what we called dinner was what you call lunch.. and what you call dinner was called supper. I use lunch and dinner as you do these days but... I take great pride in the way thing used to be during my child-hood.

Well done...
    Finally someone who speaks my language! My wife ( from up north) and I always go around in this discussion. I look forward meeting around the supper table, and she never fails to serve dinner in the evening!

Blog Entries
    MMMMMM Pie Great job.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Bottoms View Post
    Finally someone who speaks my language! My wife ( from up north) and I always go around in this discussion. I look forward meeting around the supper table, and she never fails to serve dinner in the evening!
    You guys, or all y'all, don't have to be from the South to use dinner/supper. That's the way I grew up too. I do now, however, use lunch/dinner more frequently than dinner/supper.

I would like to see an apple pie, lemon meringue, shoo-fly, and maybe even a milk pie in there!