Thread: Two threads locked in less than a week!

Red face Two threads locked in less than a week!

Moreover, I have read two more that I would have thought should have been locked as well.
    Please remember that what makes this a nice forum is civil discourse. Please try to not let things get personal or over the top offensive. Let’s continue to make the creek a shining example of what a online forum should be.
    I recently had to remove myself from one thread because it was becoming to personnel for me, and I was losing perspective.

Try to remember that sometimes the meaning that you perceive from a post may not be the meaning that it was delivered with. Without all the body language and feedback that comes from face to face communication things can get lost in the translation. Sometimes it is too easy to take affront where none was meant or given.
    The moderators should not have to remind us to use our manners or police us as if we are children. They have a difficult job, let’s make it easy on them and remain civil.
    Last edited by James Jaragosky; 10-27-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

I too thought the unhappy camper feeling was just a tad strong in those threads.

Blog Entries
    What Cliff said. Started to sound like the members of those "other" forums. ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    What Cliff said. Started to sound like the members of those "other" forums. ;-)
    Shades of Craigslist and Tribe.

Every now and again we will miss a problem thread but we rarely miss a problematic woodworker who chooses to be disrespectful or unfriendly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Every now and again we will miss a problem thread but we rarely miss a problematic woodworker who chooses to be disrespectful or unfriendly here.
    No worries Keith, it appears that the tone has leveled down lately.
    In my two years as a contributor I had never seen so much tension in so few threads.
    Thanks for popping in.
    Jim J
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.