Thread: Grizzly Baby Drum Sander

Grizzly Baby Drum Sander

This post is for all of you guys that went to the store and looked at it, or maybe you saw one on Craigslist, perhaps in you local classifieds. I am telling you to GET IT!! Every time that I use mine, I am all smiles. I think that right after my General 650, that it is my favorite tool in my shop. I glued up some drawer fronts today and after they dried up for a few hours I wanted to smooth out the fronts. So I hooked up the old Penn State to it and let it rip. I was amazed yet once again. It took me 35 minutes to sand flush two side of 10 drawers. I think that I spent 2 hours on the six cabinet doors that I did a few weeks ago (that may be an exaggeration). But it sure made quick work of it. Now I just have to do a little touch up to fix where it was going across the grain on the stiles and throw some finish on them. But seriously, it really is a great little tool. Anyone else have one? Let me know what you think about it..

Chuck

Hi Chuck..

Its a great feeling to buy a tool and be impressed each time you use it..

Its like that one great golf shot.. lol..

Good for you..

question....

Chuck,

I have a General Woodworking Machinery 15-250M1 25" Horizontal Double Drum Sander which I very happy with except for when I need to feed in short small pieces.
    One tends to get a curved "hipcup" (sniping) at the end due to the distance of the holddown rollers.

What's the shortest piece you could feed through your baby Griz?

After your post I may need to be on the lookout for one.

thanks,
    roger

Last edited by Roger Savatteri; 10-21-2009 at 7:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Savatteri View Post

What's the shortest piece you could feed through your baby Griz?
    I am not sure. I really havent played around with it that much. The book says that the min. stock length is 8". I haven't run any pieces that small yet. I have used it for all of my face frame pieces for my cabinets. It sure makes quick work of that. Maybe I will run a small piece like that through today and let you know.

Chuck