Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exciting News about FWW!!!

Jason,

A well-deserved congratulations to you! You do great work, and I much appreciate you sharing your work with all of us on SMC. Your comment about the square brought a smile to my face , but your humility is appreciated. Gal 6:3-4

I think God is smiling on you for using this ability, too; it's another way of worshipping Him. You seem to "work at it with all your heart." Col 3:23-24

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! I'll be anxiously awaiting the FWW issue!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Jason, you do excellent work! That cabinet is typical of your attention to detail and fine joinery. You deserve this recognition by the premier WW magazine. By the way, we're glad you're back even though you are now a world traveler and appearing in national magazines! Congratulations!! What are u making now? Jerry
    Jerry, thanks for the kind words. Right now I'm making a hope chest for a friend of mine. It's nothing special. It's taken from some Woodsmith plans and will match the rest of his bedroom set that I've built for him in this similar style. I'll post pictures when I get done, which shouldn't be that far off. It's a surprise for his wife for their wedding anniversary and he needs it within two weeks. Shouldn't be a problem. We'll see though.

Mike, my desire is to always live by two simple Latin phrases which I'm sure you know: Soli Deo Gloria and Corem Deo. Thanks for the encouragment to do so!

Jason - an outstanding honor indeed - congrats!

Now for those of us new to this forum - how can I find the picture of your original masterpiece - or will you be so kind as to repost it?

Thanks - and congrats again.
    Besty

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy Yocum
    Now for those of us new to this forum - how can I find the picture of your original masterpiece - or will you be so kind as to repost it?
    Betsy, just click on the link in the very first message of this thread to see the original pictures and commentary posted on SMC for this wonderful project.

Wow! Congratulations, Jason! Beautiful work and you deserve the honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Betsy, just click on the link in the very first message of this thread to see the original pictures and commentary posted on SMC for this wonderful project.
    Thanks Jim for helping the electronically challenged!!!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Oops! I accidentally posted this to your original curly-cherry tall cabinet post but I’ll say it again - A well deserved honor Jason! Looking at your cabinet again, I’m still in awe!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thumbs up

Congrats Jason!!
    You should have a on your face for a while I know I would
    Jim

Those look print worthy to me! Really nice work.... Congrats and enjoy your "15 minutes"!

Congratulations, Jason, an honor well earned! I will look forward to you signing my copy when we meet someday.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Congratulations Jason! Your cabinet is certainly worthy of the honor. On that other subject, I can feel for you. I went through some identity fraud a few years ago, but in the end, the Lord knows who we are! I will look forward to your post informing us of the actual publication.

Bill

Congrats Jason! I love seeing the work you produce. Looking forward to seeing the piece in FWW.

Dave

Jason, what you have done is beautiful. The most important thing to me, being a PK and having a son in seminary, is that you have a great hobby to help release the tension of your work. I DO know how bad it can get. My son likes wood work so I keep buying him tools until he is through with school. God Bless

Congrats Jason!!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1