Thread: looking for DC filter ideas.

looking for DC filter ideas.

I am looking to replace about 10 bag type filters with the pleated canister type. My DC pulls about 4-5,000 cfm. I figure I may be able to get away with 2 larger filters. Any advice, experience, information would be helpful.

Blog Entries
    If you are looking to retrofit the bag farm with canisters, the Wynn site has some good info. You would have to do some adapting yourself most likely but I think in the long run it would be well worth it. I went with oversized cloth bags from American Fabric Filter because I could have them custom made to fit my available space. With a 10 bag farm I assume you have a dedicated space for your exit air so height, diameter and access for maintenance are all that would come into play.

You will want to maintain clearance so you can get around the canisters for cleaning without having to dismantle your farm. Bags go soft so they can be pushed out of the way. Canisters remain rigid so access becomes a factor. Take us along and let us know what you do ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 10-24-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ditto on the Wynn recommendation above. Excellent info on the site. I bought a pleated filter from Wynn for a Jet 1.5 HP DC and replaced the cloth bag it came with. I had to rig three toggle bolts to secure the filter to the DC, but the Wynn site has a link to the instructions.

One thing I have not done yet is rig a good way to knock accumulated dust from inside the filter for disposal. Jet offers it's 1.5 DC with a pleated filter that has a flapper gizmo that you rotate from the outside. It's a tad more expensive, though.

Call the folks at Wynn Environmental. (215) 442-9443

Also, with that amount of CFM, Make sure the neighbor's cat is nowhere within 50 feet of a dust port!
    Trying to follow the example of the master...