Thread: Regional Sub-Forums?

Regional Sub-Forums?

I thought I remembered reading a while back when the new sub-forums (Deals and Discounts, Boat Building, etc.) were added that there were going to be regional forums added, is that still in the works? I think since the Creek is such a tight knit group that regional subforums would be a nice place to set up gatherings, post about events pertinent to that area, etc.

At least someway to have a list of people by cities or states.

While I appreciate the value of getting together with other locals, I would hate to miss out on any valuable information because it went to a different local forum. Based on my experiance of the good deals never being anywhere near me, I assume the same would happen with info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Saunders View Post
    While I appreciate the value of getting together with other locals, I would hate to miss out on any valuable information because it went to a different local forum. Based on my experiance of the good deals never being anywhere near me, I assume the same would happen with info.
    I agree that Deals and Discounts type stuff should be put in that specific sub-forum, I was more relating to gatherings.

I belong to a home brewing forum and they have regional forums where people post up about if they are brewing or not and invite others to come. I could see the same happening for people building something. A lot of the stuff on this forums lacks a personal side, besides the "creeker visits" which are usually set up through PMs.

Just a suggestion...

(I mean, who wouldn't want to spend some time in my basement shop with me, I could fit at least 2 more people! )

Ben,

On the blue menu bar above select Community then Social Groups from the drop down and you will be provided with a list of groups that are available. You can create your own group if you prefer.

Dar,

It is unlikely that we will ever be able to provide any information concerning the location of our Members. There is a large number of people here who don't want their information to be shared, unless we could acquire 100% approval from everyone providing a list of people by locality is impossible.