Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very quiet compressor recommendation please

http://www.senco.com/con_rem/ViewTool.aspx?toolid=175[/QUOTE]

they have that one at my local Costco store fyi for ~ 139 with a brad nailer

Another vote for the Makita MAC700. I got one a month or two ago, and it's the quietest small compressor I've ever encountered. It cycles quickly, too, which further reduces noise concerns. Yes, it's heavy for its size, but the whole thing screams quality, especially when compared the the pancake offerings at the Borg. If you look around, you can find them for about 200 bucks.

From the Amazon reviews, it seems that a lot of these get beat up in shipping, though Makita may have improved the packaging in the past couple of years. It might be best to buy locally.

Since it doesn't sound like you are using the compressor for finishing, an oil-lubricated compressor will be quite a bit quieter than an oil-less one.

I recently purchased a tiny, portable, Senco compressor for under $100 to avoid lugging around my 40-gal oil-lubricated unit. It's surprisingly quiet. It won't keep up with bounce-nailing roofers, but it has more than enough capacity for any shop stapling, finish nailing, my paint-shaker, or blowing off dust (no sanding, spray guns, or continuous blowing, though). You can even carry it around without injuring your back.

I picked up a Dewalt 1 gallon today for $100 at HomeDepot. There was a Dewalt guy there and he plugged one in for me. We could talk while it was running, so how does that rank as quiet? Pretty good I would say.

Check out the Senco Compressors

Do you really need a big honking Makita MAC 2400 to drive a brad nailer, a pinner, and blow some dust? This small Senco 1010 at Amazon has good reviews, is very quiet, and just $149 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.com/Senco-PC1010-1...6610580&sr=8-1

+1 to the Senco 1010. I have a small Craftsman branded version, but it is exactly the same unit. It is very quiet -- sounds like an aquarium air pump. This is obviously a very small compressor. It isn't going to drive a die grinder or something like that. It will easily drive a nail gun if you aren't shooting too fast. It is great to carry around when you need to do a little trim work and don't want to drag out a big compressor, or when you need to inflate your car tires or something. I love mine. And it can be found on sale for under $100.

A vote for one for one of these .............

The Thomas T-617HDN ......... very quiet (60dB), made in the USA but ............ it won't meet your budget and you'll have to buy your own regulator. Not a throwaway, rebuild kits are readily available and easily installed. My other pick would be a Makita MAC700; less expensive and still quiet.

Another vote for the Thomas!

Jun-air is actually marketed to Dentists..

They have a competitor.. Cant recall the name.. Quietest compressors by far..