Thread: Freud Router - FT2000

Freud Router - FT2000

I picked up a Freud FT2000 (3.25hp/15A plunge) router at an auction for $10. Only problem is it won't turn on. The PO said the fix was simple. In researching online it seems the problem is likely the router speed control module which also controls the soft-start feature. In my research I learned that the part is unavailable.

So I'm considering a hack and finding a "similar" part from a router with a wider parts availability. I think the design/shape of this router is quite similar to the 3.25hp DeWalt, Makita, Bosch routers. Maybe the Hitachi M12V. Picking this unit up at $10 I think I've got room to tinker or do a Frankenstein job on it.

Any suggestions? Anyone find a source of parts and/or knowledge on the FT2000 router?

Many thanks -

Cary

I have the same router with the same problem. I by-passed the speed control and used an external speed control. It works well. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

You should be able to get that part for the FT2200..which is a current production model, and identical to the 2000 except for the red cap it wears.
    I long for the days when Coke was a cola, and a joint was a bad place to be. (Merle Haggard)

Cary,

I suggest that you call our Parts and Repair Dept at (800) 334-4107 (option 3) to find out if the part is available.
    Charles M
    Freud America, Inc.