Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placed an order for a Shopbot Prs 48-96

Smile Placed an order for a Shopbot Prs 48-96

Just placed an order for a Shopbot PRSstandard 48-96, with PC router, digitizing probe, and some other fun stuff. Should ship in a month and I just can't wait!

Had to make a tough choice here, between the Shop Bot and a CamMaster MC. Came to my decision because I felt the PRS best fit my budget and needs.

I would like to thank Joey from Camaster for his time, answering my questions and preparing a quote, and I am very impressed by CamMasters products. I would recommend taking a look at what they have to offer if your in the market for a CNC router.

Of course thanks to all the Creekers who offered there advice as well.

So excited, cant wait to get this machine in my shop

Congratulations!

I'm going the other route (CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3), but know the excitement you're talking about. Playing around in Aspire has been wetting my whistle, but I'm having trouble waiting to start breaking bits and wasting wood.

It's gonna get fun!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    Congratulations!

I'm going the other route (CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3), but know the excitement you're talking about. Playing around in Aspire has been wetting my whistle, but I'm having trouble waiting to start breaking bits and wasting wood.

It's gonna get fun!
    Hope you like your machine.
    Last edited by Michael Schwartz; 10-29-2009 at 3:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schwartz View Post
    Hope you like your machine. I looked closely at CaMaster, and while I ended up with Shopbot I would recommend people in the market take a look at Camaster.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either machine.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

also you guys out there who pushed for a 4'x8' machine won. You know who you are.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Blog Entries

Congratulations.

As a guy that has both the CAMaster and the ShopBot, I have to agree. You can't really go wrong with either machine!

Mike, be sure to get yourself registered at 100KGarages once you get up and running.

If I can find an excuse to come to Vermont for Polhemus, I will look you up when I get there.

Going to Michigan in November for 4 days on business and the wife has already tied me down for December so I do not know if I can get up that way to help setup your new machine and drink all your beer!!!
    Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Had to make a tough choice here, between the Shop Bot and a CamMaster MC. Came to my decision because I felt the PRS best fit my budget and needs.

I would like to thank Joey from Camaster for his time, answering my questions and preparing a quote, and I am very impressed by CamMasters products. I would recommend taking a look at what they have to offer if your in the market for a CNC router.
    Congrats.
    Michael on the new machine. I just amazes me the type of work that normal folks can now do in their home shops with C.N.C. machinery. In 1993 I ran one of the first C.N.C. plasma cutters in the northern part of our state (Utah). It cost almost $140,000.00. Then 4 years later I ran a C.N.C. plasma at my new job, and the cost for the same C.N.C. capabilities was around $40,000.00. The cost have now come down to the point where small shops with C.N.C. machines can compete with big companies for the same jobs. It's a whole new ball game out there.
    Good luck.
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

Congratulations Michael,

I remember waiting on my ShopBot to be built, seemed like a very long time before I was called to pick it up. Took me two days to assemble it and get everything perfectly square and level then start testing. A CNC Router is hands down the best woodworking machine I have ever purchased, the more I learn the more I enjoy the machine.

welcome to cnc!! like has been said it has become the revitalization of my career, glad to see you went 4x8 you will not regret that

jim

Congratulation on your new Equipment purchase. Shopbot is a proven machine, and I am sure you will be happy with your choice.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Good for you. I hope to see some pics of your work.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Alrightee, I'm officially in the club. I just placed the order for a CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3 and Aspire.

Woohoo!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

I just received my second ShopBot a week ago today. I am sure you will get good service and use out of it.

Now download the software and start working on things and ask questions as they come up.

I will be going to the Vectric users meeting in Pitt's Pa next Friday and Saturday. I'll be the fat guy with the ShopBot shirt on. Maybe not the only one like that either!

Good Choice!

Ed
    Trotec Speedy 300 45W
    Universal VLS4.60 50W
    Universal M-300 50w
    ShopBot PRSAlpha48
    Techno LC4848
    Oneway 2436

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    Alrightee, I'm officially in the club. I just placed the order for a CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3 and Aspire.

Woohoo!
    Congrats! Sounds like we should both be up and running by Christmas.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Congrats! Sounds like we should both be up and running by Christmas.
    Thanks, Michael.

Yes! Butterfly Christmas clocks for everyone!!!!

Now, the scramble to get everything ready in the garage before receipt of the machine. Lots to buy, lots to do... lots to spend (just ordered a cyclone dust collection system too).

It's about to get fun!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3