Thread: Jet AFS100B

Jet AFS100B

I finally pulled the trigger on a Jet AFS100b air filtration system. I really debated this versus a JDS 750 ... I hope I don't regret it.

Has anyone been able to clean the included electrostatc filter? or will I really need to get the 'washable' one?
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

John: I have one of these but have not yet replaced the outer filter. I have just been vacuuming it off with my HEPA filter equipped shop vac. If I had it to do again, I would go for the washable one.

Jet AFS1000B

I have the same unit. I auctually ordered the washable filter when I bought the unit, but have not installed it yet. I have been just vacumming out the stock one. It works great, a nice unit.

John,

I actually have two of these units set up in my shop and have been very happy with them. They are pretty quiet and I like the timer feature of the unit. I have also used my shop vac to clean the outer filter. It works great.
    Last edited by Denny Rice; 10-31-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Just got the confirmation from FedEx, it was delivered this afternoon. I hope to at least get it mounted to my shop ceiling tonight; if there's time, I'll run a power line for it too.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.