Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse hangers

Purse hangers

Does anyone know where I can purchase wholesale generic purse hangers?
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Blog Entries
    Las Vegas has a lot of them... I believe they call them call girls, however.

I have no idea what a purse hanger is... any pics?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

You funny guy! A quick look on the net shows you what they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

Jeff, you might try here :

http://www.southernimperial.com/

Don't know if they have that exact thing or not, but you might come close. Never dealt with them before, but was told about them this past week.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hi
    I get mine from Signature Engravers. The are better then the one you pictured and the ladies love them. I will attach a photo of the one we use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

Ray

Are they blanks and you put your designs on them or do you buy them that way from them?

Jeff
    Jeff
    Laser's Edge Engraving

Epilog 24TT 45watt
    Corel 12, X3, X5

They are blank, I use the signature to engrave them but could be done on another rotary engraver. I have not tried to laser them as I have the signature so use it. They come with a black velvet pouch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

Anyone have a good source for these purse hangers that are laser engravable?
    Roger McDowell

There must be a run on these.. I had never heard of them before, and last week I had a customer that I made something else for, ask me if I could supply a bunch of these with their corp. logo.. I told her I would look into it and see what I could find.. Hmmmm.. Spooky...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Purse Hanger

Woodturners Catalog has the hanger. You provide the "disk"

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/st...e_hanger?Args=

Being a guy I have to ask...what in the world is the purpose for these? The only thing I can think of is that studies have shown that the bottom of purses are filthy because they tend to get placed on the floor etc.

So is this their purpose? If so, must be a run on them due the the swine flu over reporting scare tactic garbage bottom feeding journalism that has become so commonplace now that my opinion of journalists is lower than...even lawyers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ross View Post
    Being a guy I have to ask...what in the world is the purpose for these? The only thing I can think of is that studies have shown that the bottom of purses are filthy because they tend to get placed on the floor etc.
    More to the point, if anyone used a metal widget like that to hang a purse off a nice wood table in my house,
    dirt on the bottom of their purse would be the least of their worries.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ross View Post

So is this their purpose? If so, must be a run on them due the the swine flu over reporting scare tactic garbage bottom feeding journalism that has become so commonplace now that my opinion of journalists is lower than...even lawyers...
    Being a gal, I have to answer. The purpose is to keep a purse off the floor, primarily in a public place such a mall or restaurant. It is also a safety measure as the purse is hanging right beside you as opposed to sitting under a chair or hanging on the back of a chair. Apparently many ladies place their purse on the kitchen counter, or on the bed, when they arrive home and don't like the thought of all that "filth" transferring from the bottom of the purse.

These have been available for a year to a year and a half (as best I recall) and someone decided they make nifty stocking stuffers so that may be why there is a "run" on them.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chumbley View Post
    Does anyone know where I can purchase wholesale generic purse hangers?
    I have used these in the past with some of my kiln formed glass projects/gifts:

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...emsysid=192526
    http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...emsysid=202395

These have a rubber backing on them to protect the surface they are being hung on and also to keep it from sliding around.

Cost put's them just under 4.00 each if you get set up with a wholesale account.

- Al
    Last edited by Al Bray; 11-04-2009 at 1:52 PM.

I just ordered a half dozen. My wife collects handbags like I collect tools except hers cost more. She always fusses when she's at a restaurant and they have no provision for her handbag.

My daughters have the same bad habit.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7