Thread: New Jet Mini??

New Jet Mini??

Just got a flyer for a Post Thanksgiving sale from Jet. On the cover is this photo of a mini lathe, evidently for lefthanded turners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not the first time I've seen this mistake in Jet's advertising.

You know, it is really odd. They obviously flipped the photo somehow for some reason, but if you look really closely at the lathe's headstock, there is the word "JET", and it is not backwards. PhotoShop at work, I guess.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cyril Griesbach View Post
    Not the first time I've seen this mistake in Jet's advertising.
    It might not be a mistake! Someone in the graphics department probably thought the photo "worked better" with the turner on the left and the headstock on the right for logo purposes, then decided on some PhotoShop magic.....Its a "flow thing"...you know...left to right and all that. That said, I'll never really understand how advertising/graphics people think......Actually some don't!!!!!!!

I've seen magazines use a famous guitar player on their cover who played right handed.....only the photo was reversed and it appeared that he suddenly became ambidextrous!.....All for the sake of graphics lay out.

H.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lipke View Post
    You know, it is really odd. They obviously flipped the photo somehow for some reason, but if you look really closely at the lathe's headstock, there is the word "JET", and it is not backwards. PhotoShop at work, I guess.
    It doesn't appear as if the entire photo was flipped...only the lathe, then the Jet logo replaced. The turner appears to be right handed.

Smile

Finally, a lathe for us lefties

Hope it has a reverse switch on it.
    John T.

Reverse??
    No need!
    Just buy a belt a little longer and put a half twist in it. Makes it a bear to change speeds, but, what the heck.