Thread: Gold Powermatic 50 Jointer

Gold Powermatic 50 Jointer

Can anyone tell me what years these were made? I have a chance of picking one up. Worth $100 (missing switch and one blade holddown).
    Thanks.

Hi Gilbert. PM used the metallic gold from 1982 until 1995, or so.

I had one of those jointers in metallic green; it was manufactured sometime in the mid 1970's. I think it's one of the best 6" jointers ever made.

Thanks Alex.

Here's a pic of the jointer. Looks like it needs the parts for the head, gibs adjusting screws and lift screws.

Anyone have a complete head they may be willing to sell? Start switch? Thanks.
    Last edited by Gilbert Vega; 11-04-2009 at 11:25 PM.

You could always get a helix head for it. As far a s a switch anything can go really, even a box with a light switch until you can find something better.

For a 100.00 I would grab it.

Good luck

I wanted to maintain the original configuration but am seriously considering the Byrd Shelix.

***bump***
    Still hopeing for used parts. Gibs, fence hold down screw. Thanks.

Gilbert, go to OWWM.org and post a "WTB" in the "Bring out your dead forum". I am sure one of the guys has what you need.

Here is a link to the manual, just in case you dont have a parts break-down and number list.

http://www.owwm.com/mfgindex/pubdetail.aspx?id=1161

BTW, I do believe the handle you are missing is exactly the same as the fence tilt handle. Do you have the square lock-nut that mates to the missing fence slide handle?

Hi Alex, sorry for the delayed response but have been out of pocket. I have posted on OWWM but no hits yet.

No, I don't have the square nut either. Thanks.
    Gilbert