Thread: Frames and stuff...

Frames and stuff...

So I thought I'd play with one of the free 3D vector graphics I downloaded from what I believe is the Vectric site, and have a question.

Should the flowers/leaves follow the contour of the frame? I like how it looks, but am just curious if there's a "standard" way of doing these.

By the way, two rail sweeps are cool!

Also, I do realize that this frame requires some tweaks to look correct (the inside indent is too deep, etc.), and that I'd have create a file to pocket the back in order to lay the picture. This was really just a practice in how to get 2 rail sweeps to work with a rectangle so that the corners weren't tweaked, and to play with a 3D vector. I also went bonkers on the profiling toolpaths... need to fix those too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Savage; 11-06-2009 at 4:41 PM.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Bob,

I was at the Pittsburgh User group meeting this past weekend. There was a tutorial about applying a 3D ivy onto a piece of molding very similar to your flower/frame. In that tutorial, James B. describes how to design without the contours of the frame showing through your flowers.

I know this doesn't provide any immediate help, but get the CD from Vectric that supports the meeting. It is explained in there.

Nice work!
    Computer programs - CorelDraw X4, Vista operating system, Photograv, so many others.

Dye-sublimation. Epson 1400, Knight 16" x 20" press

bob you are using the sample files, in the release disk there are corners and a bunch more files, do not buy any till you get your disk, even though james is good about honoring duplication. you can see files here and email me and i will send you some that are not copyrighted. and i will send pdf of what is on disk

www.vectorart3d.com

jim

Thanks for the tip, Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    bob you are using the sample files, in the release disk there are corners and a bunch more files, do not buy any till you get your disk, even though james is good about honoring duplication. you can see files here and email me and i will send you some that are not copyrighted. and i will send pdf of what is on disk

www.vectorart3d.com

jim
    Hi Jim!

I should be receiving the Aspire disc sometime soon (Joey ordered it), so I'll take a looksee once it arrives. If you've got any cool free/uncopyrighted stuff, I'd be glad to take 'em! I'll shoot you an e-mail.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3