Thread: Any Knoxville woodturning stores?

Any Knoxville woodturning stores?

My wife and I are going to be in Knoxville on Saturday. I'll be stopping at Woodcraft but wondered if there are any other stores to buy turning blanks in the area. An online search didn't help. I'm more interested in dry blanks (Christmas presents) and variety is more important than price. Mostly spindle blanks 2" & 3" square and small bowl blanks 2" to 3" thick by 6" or 8" diameter.
    Thanks for any help.

We visit my son there several times a year and I stopped at the Woodcraft over Labor Day. They had a bargain box of blanks and I picked up some 4"x4"x2" blocks of exotics for $4 each I think. Never turned exotic wood and still haven't gotten to them but potential for stoppers, etc.

I'm not aware of any other stores either. There are some very good woodworkers and turners that live in the area and sell through some of the Artisan shops up in Gatlinburg if you get a chance to go that way.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Try Jeffries Wood Works, Inc (8807 Valgro Rd, Knoxville, TN 37920 865-573-587) heading toward Pigeon Forge on Chapman Hwy, only 10 minutes outside of downtown Knoxville. He has a just about anything you want, turning or otherwise.
    Last edited by Keel McDonald; 11-12-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Keel McDonald ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Keel McDonald View Post
    Try Jeffries Wood Works, Inc (8807 Valgro Rd, Knoxville, TN 37920 865-573-587) heading toward Pigeon Forge on Chapman Hwy, only 10 minutes outside of downtown Knoxville. He has a just about anything you want, turning or otherwise.
    What he said about Jefferies. Super nice people to deal with. Same for Woodcraft store employees. When in the Woodcraft store be sure to ask for Ismee.

Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to check out Jeffries Wood Works while I'm in the area tomorrow.

Thanks to Keel and David for the tip on Jeffries Wood Works. Got there at 2, which is when they close. When we found they were closing we were going to leave but they told us to stay. 45 minutes later we left with a nice box load of wood and a new favorite wood source. Really good people.

I've lived near Jeffries all my life and never knew they existed until a fellow woodworker informed me where they were. Glad they had something you could use.
    Keel McDonald ><>

I made a stop at Jeffries a couple of years ago when on a trip. Sure wish I was in my truck and not the car. They had the largest selection of wood that I have seen, and for flat work and turning. I was able to pick up some smaller pieces for pens. Jeffries is definitely worth a stop if in the area.