Thread: Where can You find Used CNC machines.

Where can You find Used CNC machines.

I would prefer to get more of a machine used than buy smaller new. Is the a good source for cnc machines. I tried my local craigslist and ebay. no luck. any ideas.

Howard Boehm
    Pictures of Projects can be seen by clicking on My Profile and then Clicking on Howard Boehm's Home Page.

Tools: I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

there is a classifieds section on the talkshopbot forum, where there are often Shop Bots up for sale.

If you contact manufacturers they might have used machines in stock, or be able to refer you to people who are selling one.

Industrial Recovery Auctions (No Affiliation to internal revenue Service) often has CNC equipment from factory liquidations.

http://www.irsauctions.com/?flash=0

I believe there are also classifieds on cnczone as well.

Thats really all the input I have to offer, hopfully others can share some sources as well.

Before you buy a used machine it would probably be a good idea to see if the OEM is still around and willing to support the machine.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

big iron cnc is currently valued at scrap iron cost as there is soo much of it used the warehouses are full so the cost is pretty good for one, smaller cncs that are good machinery hold value well and therfore are much harder to find, ebay, x factory, shopbot are good places to start, some of the best values are in machines that 3 years ago were 75-125.000 new are currently bringing 40-60.000

good luck on your search, i purchased my first 4x8 camaster used on ebay and by the time i purchased i was just savey enough to score well, but in a smaller machine you may not have time to blink.

jim

Check out the Ex-Factory web site. they have every category of woodworking machinery.
    S.M.Titmas.

"...I had field experience, a vocabulary and a criminal mind, I was a danger to myself and others."

-Anthony Bourdain

Ex-Factory has Bob-CAD ver. 20 for $1,495? I bought mine on e-bay for $200.

Also check out CNCZone.com. They have a classified section there also.

here is a 24x24 camtech with a perske spindle, little work horse of the sign industry probably worth 2000.00 no more as while it works it would be wise to upgrade controller to mach three with breakout board 250+/-$

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camtech-CNC-Rout...item2a02e49649