Thread: has anyone purchased larger tools from CPO Jet?

has anyone purchased larger tools from CPO Jet?

Or other CPO sites? I purchased a Jet drill press several months ago from Amazon only to realize that it was really dropped shipped from CPO Jet. So this time when I ordered an edge sander I went straight to their site direct. When I bought the DP on amazon it shipped out within 1-2 days, pretty quick. The freight took a while but I couldn't complain, shipping was free. It's been about a full week and it still hasn't shipped out yet. Wondered if anyone else has ordered and had any feedback. Again, free freight to my garage with a lift gate, I can't complain. But I also can't wait to use the new sander.

Usually you get some way to track a shipment when it ships. When I have bought from Amazon/CPO the shipper [trucking co.] calls me when the item gets close so I can be home when it arrives. If nothing else you should have the name of the trucking co. and be able to contact them re arrival time.

I just purchased a Powermatic 719T Mortiser from CPO. They sent tracking information upon shippment and shipped within 4 days. They even had free shipping that included lift gate service to my shop. I am very satisfied with both the service and the machine.

Yeah no worries, I know its a good deal. Woodcraft and others want freight plus $75 extra for residential and lift gate, while CPO free. Was curious more so about fulfillment. Hope it gets out next week.

I have purchased several Porter Cable and Dewalt tools from CPO and havent had any problems.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

When I ordered my PM 66 from CPO it finally arrived at my house about 1 1/2 weeks after my arrival original date that I was given by CPO. It wouldn't have been a problem but I called them during the process and was lied to by the sales rep and a supervisor about the saw being shipped. Estes was the shipper and they had no record of even a pickup order until the last time I called. The sales rep told me they had notifed Estes of a pickup, when they hadn't and the supervisor told me that the saw had shipped, when it hadn't (and didn't until days later). Estes was great to work with by the way. I won't do business with CPO anymore.

Steve

Many times -- table saw, jointer, 18" band saw, etc. Amazon is a great solution.

Since there is no loading dock here, I have to be certain to contact the freight company to assure that delivery is in a truck with a lift gate or ramp. It works well, but you do have to stay on top of it, else they'll forget and show up with a 40-foot trailer and no way to get your new tool down to the ground. ;-)

In addition, Amazon's "Prime" program only costs $20-$30/year but gets you free shipping (usually free two-day shipping, but not for freight items) on all Amazon-handled purchases.

I ordered a mortiser a year ago. It came fairly quick, directly from Jet. I picked it up at the loading dock 20 miles away. Other wise I wouldn't have been able to get it for about a week later do to my schedual. I would be happy to order from them again. I have never paid for a reidential lift gate. Every driver that has delivered machinery to me has been more than happy to put the machine in the back of my pickup. I meet them at the end of the drive way, we slide it out the back of the truck and into the bed of the pickup. Most of the time I can unload it from the back of the pickup by myself. Occasionally a couple of buddies a case of beer and it is unloaded. Free lift gate, I would take it though.

wow I spoke too soon, guess their online order tracking is just slow to update, they sent me an email saying it shipped and its going to be here tuesday which is super fast! A+ cpojet, should I just rename the thread a gloat thread instead?

I've never had to pay $$ for lift-gate deliveries from freight lines used by Amazon.com, but it has cost me 2 to 3 days delay for a lift-gate delivery.

I bought a Delta DP - 20-950 last spring from the CPO Delta site - no problems - delivery was only a few days. Had it delivered to the loading bay at work and used my trailer from there.

Paul

Hi Brian,

I had a similiar experience with CPO Jet last winter. It said my order never shipped and after a week or so, I emailed the company one morning. Before I got a response back, a driver was calling me at work saying he was at my house. The free lift gate is a great perk.

Thanks, I hope that doesn't happen to me I commute a pretty good distance! Most freight companies I have dealt with for residential delivers call for an estimated delivery time which is better for them anyways. Hope Estes does the same.