Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Looking for the best in shop table saw I can buy. I only want to buy one saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allaire View Post
    TS75, CT22 and MTF3 . nough, said.

I dont know about "nough said". What are those?

TS75, CT22 and MTF3 . nough, said.
    Surely you Jest...

I know people like their festool but... Well no need to go there. Was a good joke though

This is the case of too much advice. To answer your question based on it's original content and the machines you picked, I would go with the Unisaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Warwick View Post
    Surely you Jest...

I know people like their festool but... Well no need to go there. Was a good joke though

No joke...I would take Festool over any Ridgid, Bosch, Delta or Jet and then I might take a PM and up to more industrial grade TS. Festool has replaced my unisaw.

Well after all this... I ended up not buying a table saw at all.

My goal was to replace my jointer. Really I've sort of done it with my radial arm saw. Crazy... but it works. It's not giving me a no air gap joint on my 8/4 Alder but it's getting me a VERY close to that spring joint. And with good clamping pressure it's giving me a finished quality joint that looks every bit as good as my jointer. It's perfect in my opinion. Really that's great anyways because I didn't have room for a big powermatic as much as I'd love one.

So, Mr. Sawdust table and blade, old DeWalt MBF and I'm getting nice joints.

I know it's not the proper way to joint but it is working great!

At 3/4 HP it's not quite a ripping saw, but with the right blade it'll get the job done until I get more space.

by the way the Forrest WWI Mr. Sawdust blade leaves a glass smooth edge. It's so perfect I can't believe it. I'm using featherboards to keep the pressure good and tight to the fence on infeed and outfeed. I have the back side of the blade out just a hair from the board in Outrip mode.