Thread: Morse Taper

Morse Taper

Hey!!

I have a little problem. The morse taper from my Jet Mini-Pen Lathe has dissappeared. Anyone have a spare one they can trade for a couple Satin Pearl kits w/ Double Mandrel Bushings?

Thanks,
    Jake Byrd

Jake, are you referring to the Live Center for the Lathe? (This is the rotating device that goes in the tail stock that holds the end of the Pen Mandrel.) If that is the case, how in the world did you misplace that Jake?

I don't know if I can help you, but I will dig thru my stuff and see what I have. Keep looking for yours Jake...........it just HAS to be there somewhere. Like my Mom and Dad used to say...."Well, it just didn't sprout legs and WALK away, did it?" Like you kids say today........"Stuff Happens!" (Or, something like that, anyway!)

Ummm, I am referring to the piece that goes on the end of the mandrel that goes in the headstock. I didn't misplace it either, I had it sitting where I knew where it was and my step dad moved it and doesn't know where it is. And someone can still have the kits because they are larger then 7mm.

Thanks,
    Jake Byrd

Ah, now I know what you mean Jake. Let me dig around in my Pen Turning stuff and see what I can find. I just might have a spare mandrel taper I can part with after all. I will check that out for you this evening, and PM you and let you know if I can help. That is a pretty important thing to have if you want to turn pens, isn't it?

Okay, thanks Kevin, a lot.
    Jake Byrd