Thread: Baby Rattle

Baby Rattle

I've made a few of these for friends, I let them know that it is not safe for unsupervised play, and that the rings could break and present a choking hazard. The parents are always pleased with them. This one is pear, one of my favorite woods to turn.

This is one is not really worthy of this board, there are tool marks, poor lines, and all the rest. I generally don't worry too much about the details when the intended recipient is going to droll on it and throw it. In fact, this one is to replace the one the baby handed the dog. Apparently dogs like a good rattle too.

Lux
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Looks like a cool source of entertainment for the baby! Had to laugh about handing the other rattle to the dog... we've all been there!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Good job. I actually just made one very similar. I thought that it, too, was not really worthy of a display of craftsmanship here - tool marks, tear out, etc. Although, the I believe the idea is one that is great to advertise. I must admit that it wasn't original though.

i like the rattels when the baby leaves teething marks on them... so the wood needs to be safe to use that way

Rattles need teethmarks. Makes them perfect. I don't put any finish on them. I tell the parents, "No finish is child safe. But no-finish is child safe."
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum