Thread: what model delta contractor saw is this?

what model delta contractor saw is this?

Anyone know what model saw this is? Got it on an IRS auction for $25, figured i couldn't go wrong. I'm sure they top will clean up, and i have a delta T2 on my craftsman so i should be set.

don't know the model

but those cast iron wings alone are worth a bit more than $25... let me know if you don't need one or both :P

Nice find!
    >witty woodworking quote goes here<

Look on top of the motor. On my delta, there is a model/serial number there.

Is it belt drive or direct drive?It looks like a direct drive 36-390.These were sold at costco around here I think.A little underpowered according to reviews(not my opinion,I don't have one).Looks like it will clean up to be a good user.

Tyler, my first saw was a Delta 36-600, that later became the current TS300, which both have steel wings. These were preceeded by a few other versions, all with different model #s. They also had a TS350 that had cast iron wings, and had an unusual direct drive 1hp induction motor instead of a 15 amp universal motor. If it's a direct drive saw that's 22" deep and 38" wide, the odds are good that it has direct lineage to one of these, but I couldn't give you an exact model #. If it's really loud, it has a universal motor.

Nice buy at $25.

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

i have yet to pick the saw up is why i was asking. Direct drive and universal motor, maybe i'll see if i can swap the wings with my current saws web wings. Its an older 113.XXXXX craftsman that i have tuned up and i'm actually pretty happy with till i find a nice cabinet saw.

TS300, 36-600/650. Switch with the breaker tells me it's the former, but,they were introduced before 36-600 went to "ShopMaster"