Thread: Michael Weber-16-32 Sander

Michael Weber-16-32 Sander

Michael,

I was unable to post over in "classifieds" so......

I have a PerformaX 22-44 and I have purchased feed belts from here, http://www.industrialabrasives.com/

They were $17 and change when I purchased them. A far cry from the OEM price.

Give Sandy(she owns the place) a call and you will find them very easy to work with. If fact, I purchase all of my sanding needs there now.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post
    Michael,

I was unable to post over in "classifieds" so......

I have a PerformaX 22-44 and I have purchased feed belts from here, http://www.industrialabrasives.com/

They were $17 and change when I purchased them. A far cry from the OEM price.

Give Sandy(she owns the place) a call and you will find them very easy to work with. If fact, I purchase all of my sanding needs there now.

Jim
    Andd why do you suppose you werent able to post where it might belong? Do you really think that we want this blatant crap over on the woodworking forum. Or werent you thinking.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

If anything, it really belongs in the "deals" section rather than the "classifieds". Unless you have a box of these you are trying to unload yourself, it isn't a classified ad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lucas View Post
    Andd why do you suppose you werent able to post where it might belong? Do you really think that we want this blatant crap over on the woodworking forum. Or werent you thinking.

Geeeeze John, Relax! I apologize but I really don't know what for.

The gentleman was asking a question that I thought I could be helpful with and give my similar experience. I did a little search on "General Woodworking and Power Tools" and found there are similar questions and answers here from folks looking for advise on tools/parts and sources for them. Where did I go wrong??

As for your question, "Andd why do you suppose you werent able to post where it might belong?". I don't really know why. Maybe you can help me with that.

I really like your website and have referred to it many times but I'm glad I got to meet the other side of you.

Sincerely,
    Jim

I don't think you did anything wrong, Jim. If the title was "Source for Performax conveyors", I think this would have gone completely unnoticed. That's my uninformed, non-moderator opinion I also agree that Performax (now Jet) is charging absolutely ludicrous prices for a loop of sandpaper.

But now that we're talking about rules, I am curious about some of the signature lines I see in this thread. I was under the impression you weren't allowed to advertise your own business in your signature line.

Thanks for the tip on getting less-expensive abrasives. Just purchased a Grizzly 18/36 on CL and quickly learned that rolls from Grizzly are pricey.

...As for your question, "Andd why do you suppose you werent able to post where it might belong?". I don't really know why. Maybe you can help me with that.
    See http://www.sawmillcreek.org/announcement.php?f=10&a=18
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard View Post

Ahhhhhhhhh

Thanks Doug. I will send a check in the morning.

Jim

Okay, I don't even know what all the hub-bub was about. Probably just as well. Jim, I did buy the conveyor from Industrial Abrasives. Had to buy two but everything including shipping came to $31.00. Unfortunately, neither belt would track regardless of how I adjusted or installed the belts. Made no sense to me. Broke down and purchased a Performax and it works fine. I did email Industrial Abrasives about the problem but that was just today so they haven't had time to respond yet.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I still don't get it .. .. especially the a$$-chewing .. .. what, exactly did he do wrong ?? ?? ??

He's not selling anything or profiting in any way .. just passing on what he felt was good information. I THOUGHT that's what this whole thing was all about !! !! !!

Sheesh !!

Michael - I have no idea what the problem would be. Mine worked fine. Let me know what the return results is please.

Michael and Bob - Thanks for the support. I don't know what happened either

Jim

Geeeeze John, Relax! I apologize but I really don't know what for.

The gentleman was asking a question that I thought I could be helpful with and give my similar experience. I did a little search on "General Woodworking and Power Tools" and found there are similar questions and answers here from folks looking for advise on tools/parts and sources for them. Where did I go wrong??

As for your question, "Andd why do you suppose you werent able to post where it might belong?". I don't really know why. Maybe you can help me with that.

I really like your website and have referred to it many times but I'm glad I got to meet the other side of you.

Sincerely,
    Jim
    Sorry I lit out so Jim. No real reason. Just an old doddering fool, at times.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Quote Originally Posted by John Lucas View Post
    Sorry I lit out so Jim. No real reason. Just an old doddering fool, at times.
    John,

You are forgiven. I'll start using your great website again.

Jim